3D PS3 through Dual Passive Projecting !

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
tamersamir
One Eyed Hopeful

3D PS3 through Dual Passive Projecting !

Post by tamersamir »

imagine the :3D game you play on 120" screen with passive eyeglass :polarized !!!

i was woundering if there is a way to "dual" the output of the PS3 Game Console through 2 polarized DLP projectors, i'm trying to fnd a way, like, to make an input to the PC then output again to the attached dual projectors, but i think is not aplicable because te frame must be rendered in two side by sde format 3D !

:?

any 1 here tried this approach, i will be soooooo excited to brainstorm with him/her this topic.
:geek:

best regards
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: 3D PS3 through Dual Passive Projecting !

Post by tritosine5G »

Theres a chinese company that copied matrox th2go 1:1,

I think an external sync/demux/mux box is the way to go , someone has to contact chinese, but IDK how large the market is.

Sony would be angry once ppl go out and buy those 600 usd pj's instead of their huge profit LCD screens :lol:
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I don't know if this would work but it seems to work for directTV people.

Use that avertv hdmi input capture card. Hook the ps3 into that card and then use stereoscopic player to watch the capture card input and then select the appropriate settings sidebyside input and output to your dual video card passive projection. Seems like it will work maybe.

Also if you get an HDCP you might need to get a hdcp loopback driver or something in that regards.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

sony is hdmi 1.4 since, it wont talk to th card directly anymore.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I guess maybe not the avertv card but maybe this one. This company is used for studio processing take a look. Maybe email them for the certain specs, look here
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I have a Blackmagic Intensity card, it's hdmi 1.1 only (720p/1080i). without hdcp (as required by hdmi license).
It's really an amazing card but it does not go outside of it's specs.

The PS3 uses hdmi frame packing only (introduced with the hdmi 1.4 specification), so there is no way to grab the 3D picture with conventional hardware. You need a capture device that is compliant with the new standard. As far as we know, at the moment there are none.

Maybe some time in the future we'll have Hdmi3D to dual DVI converter boxes or Hdmi3D capable capture cards, but until then there is no solution.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “3D Console Gaming”