Best Buy: Samsung 3D LCD-Ghosting

android78
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Best Buy: Samsung 3D LCD-Ghosting

Post by android78 »

Wober wrote:I confirm that there is some ghosting.
AND there is another HUGE probleblem.... try to whach those TVs putting your eyes on a vertical position (turn the glasses at 90°).....
The ghosting doesn't ruin the expirience and I think that with a proper setup could be reduced to a "near-zero value".
Those samsung glasses are crap, when you look away from the TV, (they loose the ir signal) you clearly see some flickering... the same is when the get re-sinc this is more noticiable than in other glasses expecially when there is too much light.

I don't know about nvidia vision, but do the nvidia or reald glasses get dark if moved at 90° in front of the screen ?????
Please answer to this question because the new panasonic glasses do not have this problem.
The problem with rotating the glasses is the way lcd works. The shutter glasses are lcd so they have a layer that polarize the light in one direction and the crystal layer to polarize the other way when current is applied to make it go dark. When you are looking at an lcd tv screen, there is a polarization layer there too so,even if the lcd of the glasses is off, the fixed polarization layer will make the screen look black if orientation is 90 degrees to the screen. You don't have this issue with plasma since plasma doesn't polarize the light.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Best Buy: Samsung 3D LCD-Ghosting

Post by Likay »

On the other hand the loss of light is significantly less using an lcd than a plasma. (Polarization of unpolarized light cuts away minimum 55%)
It's the only advantage of today when using lcd+shutters. But since lcd's generally have bad timing (causing ghosting) it's not really an advantage anyway..
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
AWoods
SD&A Co-Chair

Understanding Crosstalk and Ghosting

Post by AWoods »

Hi All,
I just stumbled upon this thread and thought you may be interested in a paper which I recently completed titled "Understanding Crosstalk in Stereoscopic Displays".
I provides a step-by-step discussion of the various aspects of crosstalk and ghosting: definitions, perception, mechanisms, reduction, etc.
http://cmst.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/pu ... _woods.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”