For sale: 3D gaming rig

PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

For sale: 3D gaming rig

Post by PalmerTech »

I am sadly taking a bit of a break from the gaming scene. :( Not by choice, (real life sucks!) and I will be back! But for the next two months or so, I am not going to be doing enough hardcore gaming to justify my rig, so I am selling it so someone can enjoy it now, and I will hopefully be building a new rig in September! :)

CPU: AMD Phenom II Black Edition at 3.1ghz. Since this is the Black Edition version of the CPU, all the multipliers are fully unlocked for very, very easy overclocking. It runs just fine at 3.8ghz! Plus, you can unlock the other two cores to make it a quad core, if you want, the only reason I am at two is because it makes less heat, easier to overclock, and most games can only take advantage of two cores anyways.

RAM: 8gb of DDR3 Corsair RAM at 1600mhz stock, can be pushed to 1800mhz easily. Very, VERY fast RAM, lots of it, and reliable; Corsair has a lifetime warranty.

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 260. This thing is a beast, uses GDDR3 RAM, matches up with the rest of the rig very well. Great card for stereo3d, handles most any game you throw at it, and being nvidia, it is compatible with 3Dvision and DLP displays and projectors.

Mobo: ASUS something or other. I need to go find the link later, but know it is good, has 4 RAM slots, has lots of overclocking options, and even a dedicated "turbo" button to turn on overclocking!

Hard Drive: Seagate 1 terabyte 7200rpm drive with 32mb of cache. Very, very fast, and very quiet to boot.

PSU: Rosewill 750watt. Very solid, well built, and all the power lines are stable even on max draw.

Wifi is a D-Link WDA 2320. Has great range, and I chose it because it is low latency, good ping times, and never drops packets. Great for online gaming, and everything else.

Optical: Lite-on DVD burner, dual layer, all that. Nothing special, nothing bad.

Case: Modified "Wind Knight" case, 1x light up 120mm fan in the front, two 90mm exhaust fans. I modified it to be an almost entirely open air case, say goodbye to cooling problems! Looks sexy.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Signature Edition. Legitimate copy, won in the Windows 7 Launch Party sweepstakes.

That is the main rig. Additional accessories that I will sell seperately, or together with the rig for less:

IZ3D 22" monitor. If you know what it is, you know you want it, or you know you don't

Mouse: Logitech MX518. Google it up for specs. Really, really nice mouse, high sensitivity, adjustable DPI buttons onboard, and comfortable.

Speakers: I will get the model number later, but they are a nice 2.1 set of LogiTech pro speakers. Bass is powerful, crisp and tight, midrange is warm and lush, and treble is well defined. Many of you know I am audio nut, and i must say, I love these.

Keyboard: Generic logitech keyboard, wired. I am not giving up my normal keyboard, an old HP Media Keyboard.

I want to sell this stuff fast, and to a worthy buyer. I may take partial trades.

Rig: $700
IZ3D: $250
Mouse: $35
Keyboard: $5
Speakers:$40

Everything together: $850

This is a killer deal, and you know it! ;) Will come with a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit, all ready to go. :)

Anybody interested in helping a bro out?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: For sale: 3D gaming rig

Post by cybereality »

Not on the market for a new rig, but good luck.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Interested in selling your optic modded vr920 cheap cheap? :)
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

No, I am trying to keep that around. I gutted it, making a monocle HMD with it in a pair of sunglasses for now. The FOV was nice, but the lenses had too much edge distortion to be truly useful. :( He claims he has new, acrylic lenses (vs the glass the old ones use) that has no distortion, I might try those out.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”