Zalman 24" Trimon ZM-M240W

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
mediavr
Two Eyed Hopeful

Zalman 24" Trimon ZM-M240W

Post by mediavr »

I bought the new 24" Zalman monitor the other day -- about $500US here in Australia. I like it overall. I had a Iz3d display before and the Zalman is not as sharp but the lesser ghosting of the Zalman makes up for it. The construction looks budget, but not extremely budget. The lack of HDMI is a bore. You get two pair of glasses with the monitor, one a regular pair, and the other clip-ons. Real3d cinema glasses work ok with it with just a fraction more ghosting than the proper Zalman ones. The Youtube 3d "interlaced" settings work fine with it except there is still a bug with full-screen interlaced with Youtube videos. Text is difficult to read with the 3d glasses on. As a regular monitor the quality is good -- like from a monitor without 3d for say, 2/3 the price.

Peter M
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Zalman 24" Trimon ZM-M240W

Post by Neil »

Canada customs delayed my shipment! Grrrr! I should get it tomorrow.

Can you elaborate on a few things:

1. When you say text is difficult to read with 3D glasses, is this when you are in 2D mode, or in 3D mode? Have you tried "Soft interlacing" driver features? This tends to help.
2. Which drivers are you running?
3. When you say sharp, do you mean in 2D or 3D?

Regards,
Neil
mediavr
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mediavr »

Neil asks:
--- 1. When you say text is difficult to read with 3D glasses, is this when you are in 2D mode, or in 3D mode? Have you tried "Soft interlacing" driver features? This tends to help.
Well I have been using the screen to look at stereo pictures and stereo Youtube videos so I am not sure what you mean by 2D mode or 3d mode. Any text is harder to read with the glasses on.

--2. What drivers -- I am not using any drivers

--3. Sharp? -- I mean 3d, it is half the vertical resolution -- whereas the Iz3d is full resolution for both eyes. In 2D the Zalman is fine and sharp looking. It is the aliasing that mainly makes it look unsharp in 3d -- so certain subjects eg. fine diagonal lines like struts in a warehouse interior dont look good, But other subjects eg flower closeups and portraits look great.
Peter M
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ahah! I understand now.

If you were into video games, the drivers would help with this to some degree. It would not impact what you are experiencing though with 3D videos.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “3D Monitors”