Trying to setup pc for blu-ray 3d

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Trying to setup pc for blu-ray 3d

Post by Dom »

Hi I am wanting to go and buy the new Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs blu-ray 3d movie since its out now for single purchase. With my current setup is it going to be compatable, please tell me yes it is.

I have this setup

amd x2 5600+
windows vistax64
4 gb ram
nvidia gtx 285
Nvidia 3d vision
3d ready monitor (samsung)
and benq dlp projector @85hz with wired and wireless glasses
ect...
I don't have a blu-ray drive yet but I will buy one if I can use my projector with this movie.

My questions are can I play blu-rays at 720p on a vga cable to my projector or is it gonna need HDCP only from dvi or hdmi?
What kind of blu-ray compatability do I have with my projector since I do not want to watch 1080p and also 720p on my vga projector. Or else I am not going to waste a dime on this blu-ray 3d.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Trying to setup pc for blu-ray 3d

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Don't know much about Blu-ray except that I'm pretty sure you need to have an HDCP capable viewing device (monitor, projector, etc.).

There are probably "underground" ways of playing the movie in 3D without HDCP but I don't know what they are specifically and am not going to discuss them here on MTBS3D.

:D

:polarized
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Ok ya I don't want to or compramise my computer for slowdowns and such but there must be a workaround like using "Clone Mode" in the case that you have an HDCP monitor already and are cloning to a vga monitor or something easy like this. Are the new 120 hz projectors HDCP because they are running with a vga line, how on earth are people supposed to view this stuff on their pc's that are htpc's and hometheatres without standalone hardware. I seen there was some adapters that convert the signal but whats the difference from an adapter to a software that does the same thing. Are both really allowed.

This is the only thing holding me back from being able to enjoy these blu-ray 3d movies that I purchase is it just a moral question on how we can actually get theses to run on our tv sets? Or is it breaking the law?

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

I'd like to think if you buy the official Blu-ray product and you use a workaround it should be legal, as long as it is for personal use, but I'm not a lawyer.
DigiMagic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DigiMagic »

You would need Slysoft AnyDVD-HD to remove HDCP protection, or one of repeater devices that accidentally forgets to enforce it at their outputs.
(I am not doing either, and to my knowledge both can be legally bought. I'm only using AnyDVDHD to bypass region encoding, so I can watch discs I buy from amazon.com.)

You would also need a different projector:
- a DLP, capable of at least 120 Hz
- or a pair of projectors (meaning also more than double brightness from case above, which is desirable)
- or LG's 3D polarized projector that might be in stores soon
- or a real cinema projector ;)

First option is easiest and available now, but not full HD as available on blu-ray. You would be missing half of the pixels at 1280x720, even though it may look acceptable actually.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I know the Samsung 120Hz LCD does not support 3D BluRay, probably due to HDCP. Not sure about the projector.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Well I ended up buying all the stuff to try this out and it seems promising. I got a blu-ray optical drive and the movie cloudy with a chance of meatballs 3d so I am still reading on the best way to go with this. But I was over at arcsoft.com forums and they confirm people were viewing on the same samsung display I have with their arcsoft total media theatre platinum + sim 3d which all cost like 120 dollars then plus anyDVD hd and it works for them.

I also read at 3dblog vision that the reason the nvidia monitors were not compatible was because the hdcp was not decoding in 120hz refresh rate and could only with 60hz. They say if you use anyDVD hd that this will allow the monitors to be used at 120hz but I am still sceptical if I can get arcsoft tmt3 + sim3d to play on my projector. Their website specifically says that only 3d ready projectors and 1080p monitors will work but they never took into account we can disable HDCP so even a VGA connection is possible and with resizing the 1080p blu-ray hopefully when it is full screen it will goto the monitor resolution downscale you could say. There is also polarized option I think to so people with a zalman trimon just may be able to watch blu-ray 3d movies too.

You can use this coupon if any of you want to buy stuff from arcsoft.com to watch 3d movies: ARC404P20
its like a 20% savings and they also offer a bundle of the TMT3+sim3d for 109.99 US

Cyberia on Youtube

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Success! I did get the blu-ray 3d movie playing back on my projector with nvidia 3d vision and edimensional glasses. It was actually quite easy to do but you need arcsoft total media theatre platinum + sim3d for it to work. What happens is in their playback software it lets you choose what display to have like ( normal red/blue, 120hz pageflip/nvidia 3d vision, polarized or line interleave, and dlp checkerboard) so I picked 120hz pagefipped along with the separation slider full and "start always with 3d" mode. I played the movie and selected the 3d version of it and hit the button on my nvidia ir receiver and then the 3d turns on in the TMT 3 so my nvidia glasses turn on at this point and if I am using my edimsionals then the ex.exe activator is already enabled them on my projector.

The only downside now is that my processor is a dual core and the blu-ray 3d seems like it needs a four core proecessor because there is some jitter and sound skipping. I am gonna try and overclock my cpu a bit but other than that and maybe some new drivers or something I hope I can get this to playback smoothly. Arcsoft says they recommend and athlon 5600+ x2 for blu-ray 3d playback but I must be doing something wrong. I just don't know yet.

So I can confirm for anyone using a VGA output with a dlp projector and edims you can get blu-ray 3d on the pc to work. You do need nvidia 3d vision to I think?. Maybe just not the 3d ready monitor. I just wonder if the zalman trimon works as alot of people have them in working condition. Maybe someone can test and see if it does. :D

Cyberia on Youtube

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cool dude congrats!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

This is a great say for Stereoscopic movie fans!

:D :D :D (3 cheers!)
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Great news! You should be a happy camper.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Great find! 8-)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”