LCD Glasses for S3D

jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

LCD Glasses for S3D

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

Hi, I just joined and this is my first post. I'm glad to have found such a great community dedicated to Stereo 3D.

Anyway, here is something that I have been trying to learn more about lately. I already own some Edimensional Shutter Glasses and I love them, but I could do without the ghosting and slight flicker. Not to mention the darkened visuals. I have seen ads for a number of LCD glasses that project images on little screens inside the glasses eliminating the monitor from the equation. But I haven't been able to find out if any of those glasses can be used for S3D (displaying a different view on each eye's screen). If anyone here can clarify this, I would appreciate it. I might actually pay for some of these pricey glasses if they could do S3D. And if you know of any good brands, let me know. Thanks

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I would suggest you the eMagin Z800, but they trippled its price one year ago. It uses oled displays, not lcd, with their pros and cons (it's an early technology). I own one and I think that it was worth the price when it costed 500$, and even when it costed 900$. Those guys could have taken over the world with this product in those days, but they didn't move a finger.

You can also take a look at the tdvision information forum here at mtbs3d. The tdvisor series looks interesting.

People use to talk very well of the Icuiti vr920, too.
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

I checked out the tdvisor and it looks sweet. Considering the resolution (1280x768) the price seems reasonable. This does seem like the best thing for me considering the fact that these guys are developing ways of using 3D content creation software with S3D. It definitely looks promising. I'll see about money and then consider ore-ordering. I can't wait to find out more. Thanks for mentioning it.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”