Anyone with DirectX or OpenGL experience?

yomer
Cross Eyed!

Anyone with DirectX or OpenGL experience?

Post by yomer »

Does anyone in the MTBS3D community have any experience with DirectX and OpenGL programming? After playing with the idea of some universal stereo 3d drivers, I thought about an idea. How about making a proxy dll that would catch all the calls to a directX or OGL dll and pass all the calls intact except making an exchange on the rendering call from a single POV to an individual left and right eye render (with horizontal displacement on one of the eyes) The only thing left to do would be to sync the images with the glasses when using shutters with CRT or projection.

Has this idea been discussed before?
nathanrobinson
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nathanrobinson »

Not been discussed completely, but I'm talking with some friends to get this done, aka Johnny Lee wii-mote headtracking style, but in drivers :D.

I'm currently talking with some other friends of mine, and hopefully... *crosses fingers* they can work on it. Everyone I've talked to has told me it's possible, and I even know exactly what to do... it's just the step of finding someone who knows how to write a driver to do it.

I also talked about this with a developer at iZ3D - and to be honest - it's really simple if you are already doing the matrix transforms (which they are) and he wasn't very polite about it. I'll never buy an iZ3D monitor - simply because it means he'll get some of my money.
NickHolliman
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Anyone with DirectX or OpenGL experience?

Post by NickHolliman »

I believe that the Chrome/WireGL project can (and has) already done this.

bw Nick
superdtec
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Anyone with DirectX or OpenGL experience?

Post by superdtec »

I worked on the OGL stereo driver last few years but there is not a effective way to develop one in common use and now D3D stereo driver is my new task. Just like the iZ3d driver, i can do many things but not good enough as iz3d's. Now I'm looking for some guys to improve my driver adapting for more d3d games or applications. And i'm glad to share my experience if some one can help me.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”