Gamelist: works with Tridef, not iZ3D

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Gamelist: works with Tridef, not iZ3D

Post by iondrive »

Hi all,

EDIT: Many of these games DO work with iZ3D's driver but only if you use a no-CD crack or else use one of their non-licensed drivers (iZ3D monitor, anaglyph, and I believe "ATI 3d DLP" outputs). See http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=5821" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details. /EDIT

I just thought I'd start one or more gamelists and this one is about which games work with Tridef but not iZ3D. I'll start the opposite gamelist (iZ3D, not Tridef) on the iZ3D forum but where should I put the list of games that work with both or neither? As you can see, it's hard for me to resist comparing the two drivers but anyway, I guess this list could also be for games that you feel strongly that Tridef works better with. Please note if so. So here's an open invitation to anyone using those drivers to report games that work with one but not the other. The list may grow or shrink with time as things get fixed so it's important to report what version's you're using. For now it's versions 1.10 for iZ3D and Tridef Ignition 2.4.6 (contained in Tridef 4.1.3).

Here's my list and the notes Key so far:

The Bard's Tale - T1
Catwoman - *1, *2, *7
The Incredible Hulk - *1, *2, *7
Spiderman Web of Shadows - *1, *2, *7
Spiderman Friend or Foe - *1, *2
Ultimate Spiderman - *1, *2, *7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - *1, *2, *7
Prince of Persia, Warrior Within - *1, *2, *7
Starwars, the Force Unleashed, Ultimate Sith edition (disc version) - *3a, T2
Starwars, the Force Unleashed (Steam version) - probably works w/iZ3D, *6.

*1 ) "cant load output dll" error (check "show on-screen messages" to see this)
*2 ) only anaglyph, iZ3D monitor (and ATI 3D DLP?) outputs work.
*3 ) driver causes game crash, details should be added if needed.
*3a ) game crash on start
*4 ) game runs with driver loaded/injected but no s3d, toggle does nothing.
*5 ) any other category suggestions anyone? Punkbusted games?
*6 ) I've been unable to confirm this
*7 ) confirmed no-CD crack fixes "can't load" problem so that all modes work
T1 ) use Tridef's virtual 3d mode
T2 ) works with TriDef 4.2 but not 4.1.3.

I will probably be editing this later as needed so please inform me if your results are different.

--- iondrive ---

PS: remember to completely disable iZ3D's driver when testing TriDef's. Even if the iZ3D icon is not in your taskbar tray, it may still be active. To be sure, get the icon in the tray and right-click/disable.
Last edited by iondrive on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Gamelist: works with Tridef, not iZ3D

Post by Neil »

Great contribution!

Can you do one game per thread?

Regards,
Neil
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

game info

Post by iondrive »

Hi Neil,

OK, I'll start posting individual game info eventually. It just takes time.

I would like to combine some games into one thread to compare them but I can put them in separate threads too. For example, the more recent LEGO games (Batman, Starwars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter) are so similar that they use the same 3d settings and it's conveneint for me and others to have them in the same thread. But it's your website so I'll separate them and then decide if I think a combo post is warranted. I don't want to post too much because I don't want people to think all I do is play games all day but I could maybe do one per week and so 52/year. That's alot I think but it's just testing, not really playing. I only "play through" like 4 games per year but after ten years it adds up to alot then.

OK, bye.

--- iondrive ---
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

It's better to separate. You can cut and paste if you have to.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Neil
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Added 3 more games to the list in the top post of this topic.

Spiderman, Friend or Foe
Spiderman, Web of Shadows
Ultimate Spiderman

Neil, Don't worry, I'll post details later. I've got some other posts that I want to take priority for now. I'll start with the Prince of Persia games. It takes me longer because I like to do a somewhat thorough job.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Starwars, The Force Unleashed:

Here's a game that I'm not adding yet and probably won't. The reason I'ld like to add it is because it doesn't work for me with iZ3D 1.10 but does work with the new Tridef Ignition version 2.5. Previous to the that, the game was working with neither. The reason I can't really put it on the list is because some people report it working on the iZ3D forums. I've posted there with no result but I have a hunch about the reason why it doesn't work for me. I think it's because I have the non-Steam "Ultimate Sith" edition which probably has some kind of extra protection system that the Steam version doesn't have... the game crashes on startup. So even though I'm not really adding it to the list, I just thought I'ld post about it since it's on my personal "Tridef, not iZ3D" list and I expect other people to have the same issue with it. I expect iZ3D to have this working better in their next version but I could be wrong about that I guess.

--- iondrive ---
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

In order to reflect what I've learned, I've edited the top post to make it more confusing. :lol:

Also, I've decided to add "the Force Unleashed" as two entries... disk version and Steam version. I think that's fair.
Thomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Thomas »

I am sure this is off topic, but seeing which games were listed, I felt compelled to post a link to some comic book scripts I've written.

http://comicscripts.thomasamckean.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are not my usual professional works, which is why they are online and free. Scripts include Hawkgirl, Phantom Stranger, Wonder Woman, Super Friends, Isis, etc.

Enjoy.
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean, HOKC
http://www.thomasamckean.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.neurointegrity.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Partner in Policymaking
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle (Appeared on Oprah)
Author, Light On the Horizon: A Deeper View From Inside the Autism Puzzle

Return to “Best Game Settings (DDD)”