How do W240S 3D images look?

Arzus
One Eyed Hopeful

How do W240S 3D images look?

Post by Arzus »

Hyundai says that this monitor is interlaced. So I was wondering how the complete 3D image looks. Is it interlaced, or does it look completely whole when viewing in 3D?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How do W240S 3D images look?

Post by cybereality »

Well I haven't seen the Hyundai monitor but I have a Zalman Trimon that works via similar interlaced technology. When viewing 3D material you don't really notice the interlacing. Although the resolution certainly takes a hit, its not like you see lines going through everything. It appears as a solid image just a little softer than the same material in 2D. Hope that helps.
Arzus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Arzus »

Hmmm Trimon has a little lower resolution. Seems like shutter glasses interlaced show more profound lines, so I am just wondering if interlaced polarized display two frames at the same time, then that is probably why you don't notice the lines that much. Seems like the iz3d would be a better choice, since they don't do interlaced. I just hope they come out with a full HD version, or a res like the Hyundai.

Thanks.
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jadentheman »

I think LG is working on passive Full HD per eye displays
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Zalman has a full HD solution, the ZM-M215 and from everything I have heard it is better than the IZ3D. Yes, interlaced polarized displays show both frames at once all the time. With the glasses on you get half the lines to each eye. It looks better than interlaced shutter glasses.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”