Dark Basic Classic, Windows 7 and stereo 3D: does it work?

DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Dark Basic Classic, Windows 7 and stereo 3D: does it work?

Post by DevilMaster »

I know that, in order to run Dark Basic Classic programs with Vista and Windows 7, you need to copy the file d3drm.dll to c:\windows\system32 for 32bit OS versions, and to c:\windows\sysWOW64 for 64 bit OSs. But will Dark Basic Classic programs also work in stereoscopic 3D (either with the iz3D drivers or the nVidia 3D Vision suite) with those systems? During the years I made some DBC programs that I'd hate to be forced to run in one-eyed mode after I switch to Windows 7...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Dark Basic Classic, Windows 7 and stereo 3D: does it wor

Post by cybereality »

I don't know for sure but I imagine that any DirectX9 app should work with either the iz3D/Nv drivers but to varying degrees.
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DevilMaster »

cybereality wrote:I don't know for sure but I imagine that any DirectX9 app should work with either the iz3D/Nv drivers but to varying degrees.
But Dark Basic Classic uses DirectX 8.1, not DirectX 9.
These are two games made with Dark Basic Classic. Could you check if they work in stereoscopy with Vista or Windows 7?
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

...checking for you with ACER H5360 pj and nvidia 3d vision.

its missing d3drm.dll
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DevilMaster »

tritosine wrote:...checking for you with ACER H5360 pj and nvidia 3d vision.

its missing d3drm.dll
So what happens if you download the missing DLL from DLLDump, copy it to its correct location (see my original post) and try to run the games again?
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

it went on for a while looking for resolutions, wanted to settle at 800*600 but crashed instead.

Ok got it to run at 720p, but no 3d.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hmm.. I tried this out but I really don't know. Well one of the games you linked was a 2D game and I couldn't figure out the controls anyway. The other game (the last starfighter) had some success. Well the Nvidia driver was at least able to inject and the 3d hotkeys worked. IZ3D did not hook into the game. However even with the Nvidia driver I am not sure what I was seeing was 3D. I think cause the game had a flat background or something. But it didn't really appear 3D to me. Maybe it would work better with like a FPS type game, I don't know. This was on Vista 32-bit with the 197.45 Nvidia driver.
JCat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JCat »

Win 7, Acer 235 NVidia 3D Vision. Neither game comes up in 3D; cool games though!
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DevilMaster »

Argh.
Then, I was thinking I could port my Dark Basic Classic apps to Dark Basic Pro, if it was possible to use page-flipping mode with the latter. But... is it possible?
When I run executables made with the free ad-supported version of DBPro under Windows XP, the nVidia stereo drivers don't even kick in (the light on the controller of my Z800 remains orange, which means the scene isn't even recognized as 3D). Is it any different with Vista and Windows 7?

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”