From IZ3D to 3D Vision & ?

JCat
One Eyed Hopeful

From IZ3D to 3D Vision & ?

Post by JCat »

Well, I was getting my 3D fix through my IZ3D set up (22" monitor) for the past year and had a great time, but now we part our ways. I just received the 3D vision and Acer GD235 120HZ monitor, and I cannot believe the difference. I was expecting less ghosting, but much to my surprise, there's almost none and the little there is at times is hardly noticeable. I'm so blown away by the depth and difference I see in games than previously. I think the IZ3D system is a great set up, especially like that there's no shutters involved, but I'm sorry, there's no comparison. I will say that IZ3D's customer support is second to none, and I do like their monitor. I was planning to keep it as an alternative, but I changed my mind within 10 minutes of viewing the 3D Vision (now I have to figure out the best way to sell it).

Sorry to rant.. I have one question: With the IZ3D, to view S3D pics, I simply used SView..particularly for the pics submitted by MTBS members. I realize SView does not work with the NVidia set up, but I can't get any pics to work with NVidia's own photo viewer. I'm assuming the 2 (stereo) screens have to be independent to work (like the demo photos that come with the Nividia kit?)? Anyone of if a quick solution to feed 3D photos to view right from the browser?

Thank you!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: From IZ3D to 3D Vision & ?

Post by cybereality »

Thats good to hear you are happy. I have been thinking about "upgrading" to the 3D Vision myself but I am still unsure whether it would be worth it. Probably stick with my Zalman for as long as I can. Seems the ghosting on iz3d is really bad like everyone has been saying. Hopefully on their new model they will sort out the ghosting issues although I am not sure it can be eliminated given the technique they are using. Anyway, have fun with your 3D Vision.

In terms of picture viewers I use the Nvidia Photo Viewer program that comes with the drivers. You just need to download a JPS or PNS file and then double-click on it. Works for me.
JCat
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: From IZ3D to 3D Vision & ?

Post by JCat »

Thank you, cybereality. Yes, it seems like Zalman owners are satisfied.

In regards to the photo viewing: Works -- now that I saved as a JPS image as you suggested. I was wondering if there's a solution where I can simply right click a photo, and automatically it will show in Nvidia's photo viewer in 3D without having to save it first to my computer. Thanks again. I set up NVidia's viewer using the same program that I used for Sview (where it invokes the appropriate program with a right click), but I guess it's just viewing as a JPG which is the problem.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”