Game Compatibility Issues

sosloe
One Eyed Hopeful

Game Compatibility Issues

Post by sosloe »

Hi,

I have been having some issues running games that should be compatible with the IZ3D drivers. I have had good results from Half-Life 2, Street Fighter 4, and Borderlands however I can not seem to get Modern Warfare 2 or Resident Evil 5 to work. I am using Interlaced mode with eDimensional glasses, and once I launch the game the glasses shutters lock up and one eye is stuck blacked out until I exit the games. It's strange because when I was using the Tridef drivers only Modern Warfare 2 and Resident Evil 5 worked but not Borderlands or the other games. Anyone have any idea's or suggestions?

Thanks,

-sosloe
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Game Compatibility Issues

Post by cybereality »

Did you buy those games on Steam? Cause if you run the TriDef driver it hooks onto Steam.exe and doesn't let go unless you exit from Steam (or restart). If that happens and then you run the IZ3d driver you get double injection which messes things up. Could be whats happening.
sosloe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sosloe »

No the games were not purchased through Steam. I tried exiting Steam just in case it was the problem but I had no luck. I had actually uninstalled the Tridef drivers a while back when the trial expired, I just found it strange how the games that didnt work with Tridef worked with IZ3D and vice versa. I havent yet purchased either driver so I was trying to see if I can get the IZ3D driver working with all games (I only have about 10 days left on the trail). Any other ideas?

Thanks,

-sosloe
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I'm not sure. I haven't tried COD:MW2 yet but I know RE5 works with the iz3d driver for sure. The weird part is that the sync for the glasses should be coming directly from the dongle not the 3d driver in any way. I can't really explain how one game would work and another not.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

hmmm,

Normally, if one eye goes dark, it makes me think there's a loose connection but your glasses work in other games so that's not it. You use ED-Activator right? Make sure your game freq and res are the same as your desktop freq and res. You might even want to use your monitor's OSD to verify vertical freq. Sometimes the dongle doesn't like switching freq/res when the glasses are shuttering. That's the only thing I can think of. Also (I keep telling people), try iZ3D's blue-line-code shutterglass mode at 60Hz. Don't use ED-Activator with BLC. You might be able to get used to it if you play in the dark although it might not work for you. You're using iZ3D driver version 1.10, right? If you're using a 1.11b version, then you might need to include <ShutterRefreshRate Value="60"/> in your Config.xml file under "Global Settings". On second thought, you're playing more modern games so I suspect BLC mode won't work well for you. On third thought, I bet you are having a res/freq switching problem since TriDef does upscaling so your game res automatically equals your desktop res. You can verify this with your monitor's OSD.

--- iondrive ---

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”