Anyone know an FPS with indepenant gun a head tracking?

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Anyone know an FPS with indepenant gun a head tracking?

Post by Okta »

Im looking an FPS that has the ability to do separate head tracking and gun tracking to play around with my HMD, gyation mouse and Wiimote. Are there any out there? Also anyone know anything about the wiimotion plus? Can it be used like a gyration mouse now?
Thanks.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Anyone know an FPS with indepenant gun a head tracking?

Post by budda »

Hi,

For your information, Carl Kenner of GlovePie fame has a new website http://glovepie.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The latest version of GlovePie is 0.43 - released 21/1/10 - http://glovepie.org/glovepie_download.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone called lednerg wrote a script for a mouse using WiiMotionplus

http://glovepie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That should help you out. 8)

Thanks.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Thanks i had just read that while searching before i posted. Thats script will control the mouse like an air mouse, but i already have the gyration mouse. I was thinking i need to find a game or engine that can use a mouse for the aiming or tracking and an alternate input for the other which i can emulate with glovepie. This is because windows only recongnises one mouse cursor.
Last edited by Okta on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I only know of ArmA (1. one) which I do not recommend allthough some found it interesting. Worked with my TrackIR.
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising works.
So did the racing games Live for Speed and rFactor.
Last edited by Freke1 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

UT2004 can do this, but only using the Vuzix driver with a VR920. So you can utilize headtracking and aim independently. It proved really hard to play like this though, however fun for experimenting.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I didn't know about that new glovepie web and the release of a new glovepie. Thanks for the information budda.

Carl Kenner modified a freeware game to add native stereo and head tracking. I can't remember the name of the game nor if he implemented independent head and gun movements. It's somewhere in this forum.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
Okta

Post by Okta »

Check out this vid by Rednecktechie the Game GUn dude.

At 1:02 he demonstrates just this

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTeT1C7PwkU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTeT1C7PwkU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Cheers cyber.
Last edited by Okta on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

There is a special youtube button right above where you type a message.
SinSilla
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SinSilla »

I would like to pick up Oktas question again since there seems to be no source on the net which lists the available titles. (except the naturalpoint trackir page, which isn´t complete)

Some titles i know of:

- Armed Assault 1
- Armed Assault 2
- Insurgency
- Trespasser (this could be really interesting, you have a virtual arm which you can control, loved the game, but it has been 12 years ago and the game has its flaws)

Other titles (without independent sight/aim controls) which should make a nice experience especially with a HMD (due to the fact that those are primarily first person exploration/puzzle games)

- Aliens vs Predator (preferentially the Predator + Alien Campaigns, since the Predator wears a "HMD" himself and the alien uses melee atacks)
- Devil's Tuning Fork
- The Hunter (most beautiful hunting game available, obviously very slow paced, should therefore work good with tracking)
- Etherica - Mod for Crysis
- Dear Esther - Mod for Half-Life 2 (Great atmosphere, V 2.0 is going to be astonishing)
- Penumbra Series
- Fedora - Mod for Half-Life 2 (not yet released, but sounds promising since the designers are concentrating on an immersive experience)
- Grappling Hook
- Somnia

Okay, i somehow bypassed your initial question with the second part of the list, but i thought it would be worth to share (and hopefully you guys know some more titles which would suit the list).

Greetings,

Sin

€: Anyone knows the last wireless gun the gamegun guy used in the above posted youtube vid?
3DReady
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DReady »

Operation Flashpoint (the oryginal one from Bohemia Interactive) and it's two true sequels ArmA and ArmA 2. The games support independent head movement in a realistic manner, and you can modify the FOV quite easily too.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”