Stereodriver for two videocards

Whether you will use the S-3D driver for two videocards?

Yes, I already have two videocards
23%
Yes, I buy second videocard when driver will be avialable
46%
No, I never buy second videocard
31%

Total votes: 13

Vatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Stereodriver for two videocards

Post by Vatu »

If anybody do S-3D driver for two identically videocards , they will give perfomance in stereo mode comparable with perfomance in mono mode using one videocard. And also they would not be required any additional videomemory.
P.S. Sorry for my english
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

It wouldn't be that bad, but 2 video Cards = 2 times the Energy and Price. I think in general it's cheaper (and better for climate) to by only on faster card.

I think it strongly depends on drivers. If they were the only ones available...
or if 2 midrange cards were faster than a highend card... who knows
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

But 2 high end videocards can give acceptable FPS in stereo mode in games like Crysis with high details. Any of stereodrivers can't give that FPS in stereo mode with one videocard.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

I am sure you are all familiar with the fancy FPS charts done on some of the other gaming sites that show CPU/GPU scaling in your favorite games. One thing we haven't seen as stereo gamers is a chart that shows how much of an FPS hit, or overhead, your favorite stereo driver requires. We have always heard 25-50% depending on the title but really don't have any charts showing this. SLI Stereo could address this. It just seems crazy that in this day and age of multi-core CPU's and multi-video card systems that we don't have a good driver that exploits them...

Anyway, charting things like this would also help people make smarter purchasing decisions as they will know what effect xyz equipment will have on their stereo gaming environment. It is definitely different than 2D testing.

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”