New to 3d! Need to learn what to get really

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Astraithious
One Eyed Hopeful

New to 3d! Need to learn what to get really

Post by Astraithious »

Hello my name is kyle and I've been using my gtx 295 for my Samsung monitor for 3D, its nice and all but i think there are better picture qualities of 3D out there and i want to find it. I live in Canada and the mitsubishi line is out of the question they don't sell to canadians =\

1: Is it worth going from my 295 to 480?

2: What sort of tv? Plasma, lcd, etc. I would need to know compatible models for nvidias 3D and such

3: What is the best 3D out there right now?

Thanks to everybody who reads this, any advice is greatly appreciated
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: New to 3d! Need to learn what to get really

Post by Dom »

I think you may want to try out those new LED 3DTV's with framepacking and also Nvdia 3DTV Play that supposed to come out in april, I think so. This will give you the best quality of all the solutions available. I think your video card is pretty good, But Nvidia told me that their new fermi gtx 400 cards have dedicated 3d proccessing and I read that they are 64-bit architecture I think and can have like 6gigs of ram. Look for the 4-6 gig ones or ask for them maybe.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

All GPUs have "dedicated" 3D processing.
4GB of RAM embedded on a GPU ? In 2010 ? Where did you see such nonsense.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

BlackShark wrote:4GB of RAM embedded on a GPU ? In 2010 ? Where did you see such nonsense.
Hi, I seen this on a website showing their new fermi benchmarks and also them showing all the new enhancments over the older cores. You should read what it has to say, its from anandteach look here.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2977/nvid ... he-wait-/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

1) If that jump is worth it is really up to you. From what I've seen it will be a difference but maybe not enough to justify the cost.

2) Well what you want to look at is the 2010 3D HDTVs (HDMI 1.4 3D). Panasonic has a nice plasma (VT20), Samsung has some LCD/LED sets (not as good as Panasonic but compatible with more formats). They should all be compatible with Nvidia 3DTV Play but you will have to use the glasses that match the TV's brand.

3) I think the best quality is probably dual passive projection. Next up might be 120Hz DLP projection (like the Acer H5360).

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”