Wich answer on M3GA when I can solve an issue ingame only?

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Wich answer on M3GA when I can solve an issue ingame only?

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello,
On supreme commander: Forged Alliance there is a major issuewith the iZ3D 1.11b1 driver: the ground texture is rendered at 0 depth.
The problem exist but is easy to correct by user in the 1.10 final version: The game as to be launched without stereo ("enable stereo by hotkey" mode ) and the user must wait a game have started to activate the 3D.
With the 1.11b1 it's worst: The player have to ingame change the resolution of the game or, better, play in windowed mode and change the size of the game window.

When the above oparations are done, the texture is perfectly rendered.

What should I respond when M3GA ask if there is objects at 2D depth?
Last edited by Guig2000 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Wich answer on M3GA when I can solve an issue ingame onl

Post by Neil »

This is a good question.

How often do you have to do this special arrangement? Just once, or every time the game changes levels?

Regards,
Neil
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

When I launch a new game.
As I play it on multiplayer only and as in this case the game is launched by an external software (the multiplayer client), I never tried to launch a skirmish or the campaign then go on the main menu and relaunch an other game.
But on multiplayer, the game software is completely closed after each game.

EDIT: to be precise, it's not the global ground textures but a second layer ground texture wich is rendered at 0 depth.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ok. Most people aren't going to have the wisdom to take these extra efforts. I say submit the game with bugs reported, so the driver developers know what needs to be fixed.

When we have a comments box, you can change your submission with special instructions.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”