Looking for PDF file for Samsung's BD-C6900 3D Blu Ray unit

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Looking for PDF file for Samsung's BD-C6900 3D Blu Ray unit

Post by Anthony1 »

I'm trying to find a PDF file of the owners manual for the BD-C6900. Supposedly this unit is available for sale in stores today, so I was hoping the owners manual would be available in PDF form, so I could take a look at it and see if it might support checkerboard, and could also output at 1360 x 768 (thus making it backwards compatible with their 08 and 09 3D plasmas). I can't find it online anywhere yet...
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Looking for PDF file for Samsung's BD-C6900 3D Blu Ray u

Post by DmitryKo »

Released today on Samsung Support site.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detai ... e=BD-C6900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

DmitryKo wrote:Released today on Samsung Support site.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detai ... e=BD-C6900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah checked it out. Appears the resolution is fixed to the native resolution of the BD (while in 3D mode). This means that this player will only work with 1080p 3D TV's. Nevermind the fact that it makes no mention whatsoever of supporting any additional 3D modes, besides the one it's TV uses.
space123321
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by space123321 »

I was recently on the live text support with Samsung and they confirmed that it will work with my 08 PN42A450 plasma. I recently took in a filed sequential DVD to my local Future Shop to test it out. We couldn't get it to play in 3d however the Samsung indivdual stated it would work with 3d dvd's as well...??? so confused...
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Yes it will work, but will it work in stereo 3D? With total absense of even the slightest hint for the possibility of manual activation of the checkerboard or line-interleaved mode in the player's owner's manual, I sincerely doubt it.

Tech support are generally not the most knowledgeable people in the Universe, at least not end-user tech support.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

I am going to have to pick one up and try it for myself... I saw on another board that it would work if you have the 3d kit that was avaliable for the tv. After talking directly with Samsung again, they are stating that it will work with the P42A450 :shutter that I have and I will simply need to use the ddd glasses that I already own. The trick is that I will need to also purchase the Samsung glasses to simply try out Monters Vs Aliens... hope I have no issues with returns...
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Picked one up today and the tv will not go into 3d mode (option not avaliable). I didn't think it would be possible however Samsung is still confirming it will work ?? so much so that they are sending out a technition to look at it LOL!
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Somehow I doubt the technician will be able to rewrite the player's firmware to support your TV - if he could, he would be a high-ranking Korean engineer at Samsung development headquarters, and they don't typically send these guys for overseas end-user support :lol:
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Confirmed not to work with the PN42a450 - as I thought - even against Samsung stated it would work lol!

Anyone looking for a PN42A450, 3 pairs of 3d glasses and the immiter there is one for sale in the Toronto area LOL!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”