ColorCode instead of red/cyan (not possible yet)

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
rugwarrior
One Eyed Hopeful

ColorCode instead of red/cyan (not possible yet)

Post by rugwarrior »

Hi,

I have tried to use the ColorCode thing with "amber" and "blue" but when I use things like "255/128/0" or anything other than 0 or 255 for a color it messes up the colors :(

With red/cyan its works well but I think that that ColorCode one is a bit "nicer" to the colors ;)

Anyone an idea?

TIA
RugWarrior
Last edited by rugwarrior on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rugwarrior
One Eyed Hopeful

Official answer from ColorCode

Post by rugwarrior »

via e-mail:

"...We actually have a real-time ColorCodeEncoder SDK - but the game makes will have to buy it and implement it in their games. So, we can't
help you at present time."

So there seems to be no official support for this system at the moment..

Cu
RugWarrior
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I tend to lose most of my colors anyway when doing red/teal analygraph. I wouldn't think changing the colors to something else would change things much. Do you get relative clear colors in red/blue mode?
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi guys! i never used those red blue cyan ping green things.. :D so my answer may sound really stupid.

what my brain tells me is that if you have a picture, and put between this picture a foil of any color, then the color of the picture is going to change... i don't think that there are better or worst solutions in this case because to me every color variation is a not playable solution.. or just for fun some days..

and, then the second one, (this is more a question):
if oyu set up the colors how you want, are you able to find the glasses anyway?

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

Your answer does sound really stupid. Your left eye can see all the red in the image, and your right eye can see all the green and the blue in the image. Your brain can merge them together to get the full colour.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”