iZ3D driver doesn't appear to be doing anything?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

iZ3D driver doesn't appear to be doing anything?

Post by Anthony1 »

I downloaded the iZ3D drivers, to test it out on my PC again. I can't seem to get them to do anything? Not sure if I'm going something run. Is there some simple test I can do to see if it's even working? Here is what I'm doing:

1. Click on start button
2. Go to all programs
3. highlight iZ3D driver
4. Left Click mouse

at this point, nothing seems to happen. Should something be happening?

If I go to my little icons in the right bottom corner of the desktop, there is a iZ3D icon. If I highlight it, it says iZ3D Control Center. When I right click on it, it gives me 3 options. Enable Stereo, Enable Stereo by Hot-Key, Disable Stereo. I click on "Enable Stereo"

nothing seems to happen. I turn on the 3D mode on my Samsung plasma TV. I have the 3D mode turned on, and checkerboard selected. I turn on the game. Still no 3D? I'm thinking that the iZ3D drivers just aren't activating, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iZ3D driver doesn't appear to be doing anything?

Post by cybereality »

Can you get into the iz3d control center? You should be able to get there by double-clicking the tray icon. Then goto 'help' and click 'dynamic test'. If everything worked you should see a checkerboard image that will be in 3D on your display. If it doesn't work maybe there will be an error message.
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Post by taz291819 »

Also, what games are you trying to play? The current iz3D drivers only support DX9.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Also: During installation, be sure to select full install.
You need to have the iz3d-driver set at "enabled" or "enabled by hotkey". If it's enabled by hotkey you need to press numerical "*" to toggle stereo on while gaming.
Be sure to have the proper output selected for your stereodevice! Check the manual which stereoformats that are accepted by your tv and set the driver accordingly.
Antivirus sometimes interferes during installation of the driver. Turn those off during install (you can activate them once the driver is installed).

Good luck!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

taz291819 wrote:Also, what games are you trying to play? The current iz3D drivers only support DX9.
This was my problem....

I tried to play Quake in Stereo 3D, lol. (I'm talking about the very first Quake!) Not sure why I even attempted that. For some reason, I had the desire to try playing the original Quake, and I've been playing it for a couple of days. I decided to try hooking my PC up to my 3D Ready plasma again to do some more testing, and I tried to see if it would work with Quake. Obviously, that was the problem.

So, I downloaded a demo for Unreal Tournament 2004. That seemed to work. However, I did have some problems dialing in all the settings properly. I ran out of time (wife came home and wanted the living room TV back), so I had to quit messing with it. I'll try to mess with it again soon, and I'm going to try to download a demo of Half-Life 2. My PC is pretty lame, it's a circa 2005 PC, and it isn't a gaming PC by any means. Still, I want to try to test some games out from like 2003, 2004 and 2005. I think my PC will be able to run them somewhat.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”