3D aiming suggestion

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

3D aiming suggestion

Post by Freke1 »

This is actually a serious issue. Not much fun playing in 3D if You can't hit anything.
My experience with Nvidia's laser sight is zero.
This is how I wish aiming was:

1. crosshair pointing at the same spot in the distance like in the pics.
2. aiming with Red dot/ironsight/scope like in the pics.

Red dot crosshair:

Red dot:

Ironsight crosshair:

Ironsight:

Sniper nocrosshair:

Sniper:

Hope this helps/inspire some driver developers or maybe in the future when games are developed to be played in 3D.
Last edited by Freke1 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

as you see the crosshair is rendered at depth.

this will be possible as soon as the game developers program it this way.if they simply place teh crosshair on the flat screen you never can find the reald depth to render it.

its true, it gets a perfect aiming, but it has a problem too: it generates ghosting. personally i would also like to play with the ironsight rendered at depth.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

You made some interesting constructs there. Though it's realistic to have only one eye with a sniperscope, I doubt many persons would play that way a lot :?

It looks strange, when you have only one eye at the rifle (ironsight) and the other far away from the rifle...
With a better optimization - maybe so, one eye is at the rifle and the oter just a few inches next to it, so that the weapon can be seen in true 3D.

It would look less strange, if you'd see your weapon (from a) more realistically (point of view).
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Yes Sharky - the crosshair should be rendered at infinity but allways visible somehow :D .

LukePC1 wrote:You made some interesting constructs there. Though it's realistic to have only one eye with a sniperscope, I doubt many persons would play that way a lot :?

It looks strange, when you have only one eye at the rifle (ironsight) and the other far away from the rifle...
With a better optimization - maybe so, one eye is at the rifle and the oter just a few inches next to it, so that the weapon can be seen in true 3D.

It would look less strange, if you'd see your weapon (from a) more realistically (point of view).
That was excatly what I tried to make :D
This is actually how You shoot in reallife with a Red dot scope - both eyes open - so it would actually be realistic.
sharky

Post by sharky »

rendered at infinity with a stereoscopic solution means to take the point with the max separation and put it there... would not be practical and would create a lot of ghosting.

i tested it with the right eye solution prvided by iz3d and i like it very much.. soon the drivers will be released as beta and lets see the feedback from other users..

bye

sharky

Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

What about the people with a dominant left eye?
(concerning the IZ3D driver solution)
sharky

Post by sharky »

no problem, in the final solution you can select the position of aiming between extreme right and extreme left..

i only have no idea if it will be a smoth movement, or in 3 different positions.

bye

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”