Digital Molecular Matter engine

CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Digital Molecular Matter engine

Post by CarlKenner »

You may have heard of the Digital Molecular Matter engine used in some games. Basically it allows game developers to create a volumetric world with specified material properties, and it will generate the meshes at any level of detail, and simulate how these objects would actually shatter or behave in real life. Their site does suggest that it does some rendering, so I figured I'd ask them:

> Hi. Are games created with your Digital Molecular Matter engine
> compatible with nvidia stereo drivers? Will people be able to play
> them successfully with their stereoscopic glasses or stereoscopic
> display without it producing any display artifacts, or rendering
> things at the wrong depth, etc? And are games created with your engine
> able to pass MTBS3D certification?
>

Hi Carl,

DMM does not rely on anything that would interfere with the nvidia
stereo drivers. DMM is basically a physics engine that actually does
not know anything about rendering, it only handles the physical
properties of objects.

If you were using DMM with a standard engine which used the Nvidia
stereo drivers, I don't imagine that there would be any problems
making it work with the stereoscopic drivers.

Best Regards,

Vik Sohal
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Carl!

That's the spirit!

We are using these sections to promote MTBS certification to game developers. While I don't think it applies in this case, the idea is that once game developers agree to accept their certification, which is free, we will have active partners in building S-3D compatibility in the game.

We learned a lot from the previous round of advocacy, and we are writing an official guide on how to go about it safely in discussion forums and to customer service.

Thanks again - this is the stuff that really makes a positive difference!

Regards,
Neil
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Digital Molecular Matter engine... I wasn't aware of this, it's fascinating!! :O I have seen some videos on youtube. Looks like we will all need a physics accelerator card very soon.

I always said it, physics should not rely on polygons, should be something independent and then build somehow a graphic representation of the physics engine output with poligons. This way the physics are not constrained to 3d graphics limitations.

I don't use to be aware of latest news in games to avoid the wish of things I don't have and enjoy what I have, but what I've seen is fascinating, it's like science fiction, and it's almost here for all of us.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”