HMD or Shutterglasses?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
ryuanesha
One Eyed Hopeful

HMD or Shutterglasses?

Post by ryuanesha »

My first real experience with 3d was a few weeks ago when I saw Avatar in IMAX 3D. Since then I have been looking around for some good 3D products. I was originally thinking of buying the nvidia 3d vision and a monitor, but a friend said that he was going to buy a Headplay HMD. I dont know which is better. Currently I have a monitor (forgot the size) with a 1920x1080 resolution and I do not wish for a smaller size if I get a new monitor. The Headplay has a resolution for gaming of 1024x768.

Shutterglasses:
Acer® GD235HZ- 400
Nvidia 3D Vision- 200

HMD:
Headplay-400

For quality which would be better?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: HMD or Shutterglasses?

Post by Neil »

What content can be done on the Headplay? What formats does it accept?

Regards,
Neil
ryuanesha
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ryuanesha »

Not exactly sure what you mean by that(format), but I will infer that you mean inputs. VGA, S-video, USB. Says on their site it supports 720p HD. No headtracking. It mainly uses the Nvidia drivers for games and such.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Headplay is obsolete. Don't waste your time or money. It did, at one time, work with the Nvidia driver for 3D gaming but that was a long time ago. Currently you cannot use the Headplay to play games in stereo 3D (unless you have an antique computer with XP and a GeForce 7000 series card). On top of that, the real resolution is 800 x 600, not 720P (it downscales). In addition, the virtual screen size is not going to look like a big screen TV and will probably appear smaller than your current monitor. So I strongly urge you to forget you ever heard about the Headplay.

Getting the Nvidia 3D Vision is one option. If you want to save some money you can take a look at the Zalman Trimon 22" 3D monitor. Thats what I use and I'm very happy with it. It is sold for around $300. Other options include the IZ3D monitor or the VR920 headset, both around $300. Just don't waste your money with the Headplay.
ryuanesha
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ryuanesha »

Thank you.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”