....not so confused perhaps....

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Ravenouschaos
One Eyed Hopeful

....not so confused perhaps....

Post by Ravenouschaos »

Hello everyone. I rescently decided to take the plunge and purchase a 3D setup for gaming and movies. I purchased a 3d ready mitsibishi 65" dlp and use it as my tv and computer monitor. I was looking at getting the nvidia 3d vision kit but was dissapointed to learn that i could only use it to view media coming from my pc, unless i missed something, so i would not be able to enjoy bd3d off of my bd player. I then discovered xpand and crystal eyes that i can use with my dlp but not for pc gaming. Maybe its obvious i missed somthing or it wasnt mentioned because it was so basic, but is there a system i can use for everything? Tv, xbox, bd, pc? Im pretty confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: Maybe all that smashing my head against the wall rattled something loose. Will this setup work to watch 3d content on my tv, play 3d games on my xbox and play 3d games on my pc if it is hooked up to my dlp?

Mitsubishi 65" 3D ready dlp
Nvidia gtx 260 series video card
IZ3D drivers
Random stereoscopic player
XpanD x102 shutter glasses

Having trouble locating the glasses though. I guess only XpanD carries them and they are out of stock. Thanks again for your help.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: ....not so confused perhaps....

Post by cybereality »

Yeah that setup sounds like it would work, but so should a pair of generic DLP shutter glasses (http://www.i-glassesstore.com/dlp3d-wireless-1set.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). XPanD would be better quality though. The key is using the IZ3D drivers. Nvidia drivers only work with Nvidia's glasses (surprise, surprise!). Hope you have fun with your new setup.
Ravenouschaos
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ravenouschaos »

Thank you very much. Since its dlp link i wouldmt. Need any transmitter. Would i just activate tje 3d gaming witj the iz3d panel and toss on the glasses? Also, i was looking at a gtx 260 nvidia card. Ive been told maybe i should look into an ati card bc the iz3d driver is free to ati customers, is that true? Dont know squat about ati tbh with you. :/
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yes, the XpanD have a DLP link model that does not require a transmitter. You would just need to activate 3D mode with the remote and you should be set. Yeah, the IZ3D driver is free for ATI customers (DLP output). So its a good incentive to get an ATI card. I hear good things about the Radeon 5000 series.
Ravenouschaos
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ravenouschaos »

Thank you very much. I will be looking into that.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”