Aliens vs Predator multiplayer demo Fix for 3D Vision users

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Bloody
One Eyed Hopeful

Aliens vs Predator multiplayer demo Fix for 3D Vision users

Post by Bloody »

The Multiplayer Demo of scheduled for February 16th release game Aliens vs Predator has been released yesterday over Steam and a lot of people (including myself) tried to play it with 3D Vision. It turned out however that the 3D Vision drivers contain a profile for an older AvP game and load it and that results in totally messing up the image on the screen when you turn on the stereoscopic 3D mode. Turns out that the convergence level is the thing that totally messes up the image on the screen, but even after lowering the convergence with the help of CTRL + F5 key combination the game is not in a true stereo 3D mode…

The solution turned out to be to use an additional launcher and changing the actual executable name so that the 3D Vision profile for the old games is not loaded and the things aren't getting messed up. So here is a short guide on what to do along with the launcher you need to make things work. I've tested it on Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit and it was working without problems. This might also be useful for the final game when it is available as it will most likely have the same executable name and if you downloaded it over STEAM instead of getting a retail copy things might again be problematic if you want to play it in stereo 3D mdoe with the 3D Vision.

Instructions:
1. Open the folder containing the game files you downloaded from Steam: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\aliens vs predator demo\
2. Rename the AvP.exe executable file to AvPx.exe
3. Extract the avp.exe and avp.ini files from this archive to the aliens vs predator demo folder
4. Run the AvP game demo from the Steam client or your desktop shortcut
5. Thats it, you are ready...

Download:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Aliens vs Predator multiplayer demo Fix for 3D Vision users

Post by Likay »

Cool! There needs to be more 3d-visionusers here. Good find!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
christ0ff
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by christ0ff »

Nice ! How does it look ?

Is it worth the download ? I have to go through BioShock 2 but playing as an alien always got me going in the previous versions...
:newshutter
My specs:
2.4Ghz dual core - 2Gb Memory - 8800 GTS 512Mb
Nvidia 3d Vision + Viewsonic 120Hz
Windows 7 Ultimate - DX 11
Bloody
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bloody »

The game does not look perfect and is not issue free in S3D, but still the demo is not based on the final code so there is room for improvement when the full game comes out and that is actually quite soon...

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”