Final Fantasy XI

Czechnmymail
One Eyed Hopeful

Final Fantasy XI

Post by Czechnmymail »

I know it's an old game, but is there any hope for making this work with iz3d?

I've been experimenting for a long time with "homemade" S3D screenshots and it'd be fantastic to see it work in stereo. it seems like the game is somehow not invoking directx the same way other games do; it doesn't react to a lot of graphics-related configuration changes.

iz3d, I've noticed your impressive support and hope you can assist in the matter.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Final Fantasy XI

Post by PalmerTech »

Do you have any links that reference the odd calling protocol you speak of?
Czechnmymail
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Czechnmymail »

Unfortunately I have no idea how it works from a technical standpoint or even if it really does use a nonstandard calling protocol.

I've just noticed that, for example, some of my graphics driver settings didn't seem to have an effect in the past. It's been years I've been tinkering with it in different ways and it just "feels" different than a lot of Direct3D apps, from a software standpoint. So there has to be something there. I remember nVidia released a FFXI-specific driver a few years back to enhance performance. Also it was a TWIWMTBP title at launch.

FRAPS does seem to detect it as a hardware 3D window, though.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

I do not have this game (Been considering it, it is part of the SE Pack that is on sale on Steam right now), so I cannot test it myself. Have you tried out the IZ3D anaglyph drivers?
Czechnmymail
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Czechnmymail »

Updating to the new 1.10 drivers fixed FFXI itself, more or less. I should have done this earlier, but I've been working on this for a long time and no previous versions had worked so I didn't think it would matter.

Unfortunately, high-level FFXI is nearly unplayable without Windower and related plugins and when running Windower, even in true-fulscreen mode, the application simply will not acknowledge the existence of iz3d. The overlay is not shown and keys don't work.

This issue has become a lot less important, obviously, but if someone at iz3d could maybe shed some light on why that would make a difference it'd be great because vanilla FFXI is extremely unimpressive.

The "meat" of Windower is the attached "Hook.dll" which is available, along with the launcher for it, at http://www.windower.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I understand this is low priority to a team with hundreds of issues, but it would be excellent if it was something easy to fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Czechnmymail
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Czechnmymail »

I understand this is low-priority but it really would be fantastic. I would figure it out myself but I have no idea how iz3d works in software.

Not being compatible with Windower is the same as being incompatible with the game itself.

This can't possibly be too much work. 1 man hour of programming work would make my purchase of the iz3d license that much more worth it.

Fingers crossed.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

You might get a faster response on the official IZ3D forums, have you tried there?

I am waiting for FFXIV online, myself.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”