Single projector polarized setup

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Talamasca
One Eyed Hopeful

Single projector polarized setup

Post by Talamasca »

Hi,

Can anybody please point to where I can get an overview of the various solutions using a single projector for polarized S3D? I would also like links to vendors selling such solutions.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Single projector polarized setup

Post by Likay »

http://www.depthq.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Talamasca
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Talamasca »

Thanks for the link. That is a pretty expensive solution though. I am looking for something cheaper priced to use in my living room, and I hoping to find something that is competitive with a two projector solution price wise.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

You won't find any bigscreen competitive solution at that price. At least not if you want's to have an equal bright rig. A dual projection rig doesn't have to cost a fortune either compared to the quality of the image. By time you can upgrade the screen/filters/projectors if desired.

A decent alternative should be using nvidia 3d-vision with a compatible dlp-projector and their shutters. You'll have a big screen but a quite dimmed image. It's not a big issue if you play in a totally darkened room. No silverscreen needed but each viewer needs a pair of shutterglasses.

Yet another alternative: Modify a dlp-projectors electronic and colorwheel so the colorwheel has 3 colors (sometimes 4 including a white which equally means 8 fields) for each polarization. Circular polarization needs to be used because of the rotation of the wheel which ghosts about twice as much as linear. Still not a big issue though. Silverscreen still needed and you need good special electronics skills. Image will be quite dimmed.

The "infitec" method: Two projectors are needed with infitec glasses as filters. Apparently the filters in the glasses don't work as good with projectors as the infitec filters themselves. A pair of glasses are way cheaper than their filters though. No silverscreen needed but glasses are a tad more expensier than standard polarized glasses. Slightly more dimmed image than a standard dual polarized rig.

The "Infitec" method can also be used with the "diy" dlp-rebuild suggestion as above but the colorwheel is instead modified for six colors, two wavelengths red, two for green and two for blue. No white color since this will ruin the principle. No silverscreen needed but special electronics skills... etc etc... Probably equal bright or slightly darker than dlp/shutters.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”