Milkdrop!

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Abydos
One Eyed Hopeful

Milkdrop!

Post by Abydos »

Hi everyone. :)

I have 3 media players installed on my system.
1. VLC media player - gotta love it for it's compatability
2. A home cinema mod of the already pretty superb media player classic
3. Winamp ... just for the awesomeness of the MILKDROP (my favourite one) music visualization plugin and nothing else. :)

Now, it's probably going to be many more months till I can afford my setup, but along with movies and gaming, milkdrop will be one of the main things I will enjoy when I have everything setup. :)

Are there any other milkdrop lovers here? If not, would anyone mind just trying it out on winamp please? I'd like to hear if your setup works with it and you might end up loving it as much as me any way!

Milkdrop would have to be selected and quickly configured via the options menu to start with. Some visuals DO work in 3d, I was impressed even with free anaglyph glasses, but not very many do and I had to handpick them to add to the basic ones already in the 3d directory. But I think it's great just in 2D and oh music with a strong beat reacts better by the way.

If you can be bothered check it out guys, let me know what you think, I don't think you will regret it. :wink:
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi! i tried it but it is for winamp 2 and 3... if you want a superb visualization try R4... its the best i have ever seen and you can also use it for parties, because you can controll it via lan...

one pc fullscreen with projector, the other pc with settings... you can also send messages trough it...

let me know if oyu like it

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/138849
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

Looks great!

But how do you turn on the 3D? Do you have to change some settings?
I'm using the iZ3D, but it doesn't seem to work in 3D.

No idea what to do....
sharky

Post by sharky »

with who are you taling? if with me then i can reply:

it does not work with iz3d because iz3d does not support open gl yet... but as soon as it supports it it works in 3d...

try to press "esc" go to settings ----> network settings ---> enable network------> on

then open the port 8888 on every firewall you have

open internet explorer (at the same time with R4)
tipe http://localhost:8888
and ahve fun.. :)

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

I was kind of talking to both of you.
Had downloaded both applications and tried them, they are both good.
But it seems R4 is the more advanced plugin.

Would have been nice to watch that in 3D with the iZ3D.... :(

thanks
sharky

Post by sharky »

yes R4 is much more advanced.. if you connect trough net you can also send text.. perfect for parties.

well as soon as iz3d implements open gl we are ok.. :D

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

Do you think they will implement open gl?
I have no idea but to me it seems more that they focus on directX 10 now and I don't know if they care too much about open gl since most games run in d3d
sharky

Post by sharky »

yes they are going to implement it.. but they first want to finish the dx 10 part and having that working at 100%...

:)

Abydos
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Abydos »

Ah R4, made by Rovastar one my favourite preset authors.
Milkdrop stopped getting updates ages ago and the creator left nullsoft a while back too. :(
But it's community was so good in the past that even though most prest authors have more or less run out off new ways to play with the plugin, such an interest created in my eyes a visualisation with unparalled elegance, beat detection and great diversity.

R4 is also great and certainly has better 3d effects, but until it's community grows I will slightly prefer Milkdrop.

In regards to the 3D effect, i'm afraid I only managed this with anaglyph glasses and enabling the stereo mode with F9, I'm new to the 3d community and am unsure of compatabilty, sorry. :?

I'm still looking forward to viewing both on my projector soon. :D
Aeroflux
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Aeroflux »

I remember when my friends were gawking over the XBox 360 vis, piece of gosa that it is. Milkdrop has been on every computer I've had for years, it definitely gets my vote. It kicks the crap outta any vis I've seen, but I haven't really looked for one in a while since I don't get many chances to veg out anymore. I've yet to try the 3D mode, though I've known it was there for almost as long as I've had it. My current HMD (virtual I/Os) won't work properly through the PC interface box anymore, so until I get an IZ3D monitor or better tech I'll just have to imagine how good it is. I'll check out R4 when I get the chance. :)

Return to “General Discussion”