i theater evg920d and ati

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
aussietrev
One Eyed Hopeful

i theater evg920d and ati

Post by aussietrev »

Hello everyone. I am thinking of buying an i theater evg920d HMD or a zalman trimon. the problem is that have just bought a ati 4890. I know that tridef makes a driver that will work for the zalman but what about the evg920d ?
What drivers do other 3d HMd´s use to run on ati systems ?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: i theater evg920d and ati

Post by Likay »

Try the iz3d drivers. I'm not sure about compability for the evg920d though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I would recommend getting the Zalman Trimon. I've got the Zalman and I'm very happy with it. I also have the VR920 headset and I haven't really used it much since I got the Zalman. If you really must get an HMD then I recommend the VR920, which has its own driver and also works with the IZ3D driver. Both are compatible with ATI cards. However I still think you will be better off with the Trimon. The Zalman will work with both IZ3D and DDD TriDef drivers.
aussietrev
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aussietrev »

the only reason I would like a HMD is so I can have trackir and move my head around in sim games. and the only reason im not sure about the zalman is the size of the screen. i mostly play racing sims. dunno
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

aussietrev wrote:and the only reason im not sure about the zalman is the size of the screen.
The Zalman screen appears bigger than what the virtual screen on the VR920 looks like.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”