PC Setup Questions

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
pOtPiE
One Eyed Hopeful

PC Setup Questions

Post by pOtPiE »

Howdy! Bout time stereoscopic viewing has gotten to this point! Now it's time for the hardware! :shutter
I picked up a brand spankin new 3D-Ready Mitsu 60" DLP for Christmas (cuz I was a good boy) for $800... that's right, $800 at Best Buy! I wanted to save for the 73" but I could not pass up that price! I also decided I could finally justify the price for a PS3 so I picked up a 120G model as well. Anyway, I need to build up my PC to complete the package. It's hard to know what would be best for me. I have an HTPC that I built a year ago for architectural 3D drafting. Here are my current specs:

Windows XP SP3
AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply
PNY Quadro FX 570 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Workstation Video Card

Now, I will need a 2nd video card and Nvidia's 3D Vision emitter kit so I will also need Windows 7 to work with that. Any recommendations on a video card that will fit an ATX style HTPC? And how does the emitter kit connect to the PC - HDMI, USB? I'm not sure how to hook up the PS3 to the PC either, any comments? I think everything else I have in my PC will work fine for me but please let me know if you disagree...

Thanks for any help you can provide! :mrgreen:
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: PC Setup Questions

Post by Dom »

Hi I will give you some advise on how to setup your system properly ok. To have everything intergrated into your HTPC for stereo3d gaming and movies you will need to choose you components. Your quadro fx workstation card should work with nvidia 3d vision maybe but if not look for the nvdia gtx 200 series as a low profile card maybe the gtx 210 or 250 will be low profile. The nvidia 3d vision emitter takes a usb plug with infared to the glasses. To play your ps3 on your HTPC you need somthing like this http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... CatId=3493" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , this is an hd capture card, there are not to many around and I don't know exactly how it works but says its compatible with gaming.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”