Questions about dolby 3d

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
fildubek
One Eyed Hopeful

Questions about dolby 3d

Post by fildubek »

Hello everybody, I'm new here and I've been reading a lot about the various 3d systems but I can not find much info about dolby 3d, it would be nice if someone could explain how it works (only the basics not all the details) and why aren't there any home solution for it, are shutter or polarized 3d better for computer gaming and 3-d films?

thanks
EARTH IS NOT FLAT!! WHY SHOULD OUR MONITORS BE?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Questions about dolby 3d

Post by crim3 »

You can find a bit of information in these links.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_inte ... news_id=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_inte ... news_id=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's based in color filters, but the left and right views are not projected at the same time, like in anaglyph, but one after the other alternatively. It doesn't need special screens like polarized solutions.

As far as I know, there is nothing available for home use, but theorically it's possible with a high refresh projector/display and accurate color calibration.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
fildubek
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fildubek »

Thanks for the information.
EARTH IS NOT FLAT!! WHY SHOULD OUR MONITORS BE?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I've had a chat with a guy from infitec gmbh (the company which owns the patents) in June at Dimension 3 expo.
They make custom systems for each use. They can make frame sequential (like Dolby 3D cinema) with single projector or simultaneous dual-head with two projectors.

The RGB filters must be modified inside the projectors to match the very narrow-bands of the glasses and also require input color correction in order to producs accurate colors.
This can be done both in hardware or software.

The advantage of this system is that you can project on any white surface (it does not require silver screens).
The drawback : you do not know the price in advance, you have to ask infitec with detailes specs for your specific useage.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”