Crysis

nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Crysis

Post by nathansteinke »

Seeing as how amazing Far Cry was in stereo3d, I posted on a Crysis forum asking if the sequel will have stereo3d support and be MTBS certified.

http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 720#p75720

I hope it gets certified, this game is looking incredible, and will be a ton better with Certification.
-Nate
Neil

Awesome!

Post by Neil »

Nathan!

That's awesome! I just checked out the thread on Crysis, and others who are not from MTBS are adding to it too!

MTBS members, when you add to the thread, post here to let us know. We want to credit your hard work!

Start other threads too - it's very easy and IMPORTANT!

Neil 8)
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

Thanks, Neil! It's encouraging to see others showing an interest, both from MTBS and elsewhere, I'm really excited about the posibility of Crysis in Stereo3D and their involvement in Certification.
-Nate
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

That would be unbelievably sweet. They should definitely do it. Maybe it will push the 3D support in Vista (or even the regular video support in Vista).

I want to see this. Even better would be multi-mon support of 3D, I have discovered that I can plug my PCIe card into the x1 slot and it functions perfectly, see this thread for an actual Benchamark of my 6600GT in a PCI-E x1 slot.

http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.ph ... t&p=226234

Before you ask, yes it is less bandwidth, but it is almost double that of PCI, each x1 link has dedicated bandwidth and you can overclock the PCI-E bus :D.

You could build a rig with 6 3D monitors for under $xxx, that would enable 3 Polarized setups (projector :D, or LCD direct-view :)).
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

I think our voice was heard, I think we are on the verge of the greatest 3D game ever. Thanks for the heads up on this one Neil and nathansteinke.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

nubie wrote: You could build a rig with 6 3D monitors for under $xxx, that would enable 3 Polarized setups (projector :D, or LCD direct-view :)).
Sounds amazing if You don't get the same picture in all 6 3D monitors - You're really experimenting there 8)

I joined in on Nathan's thread on the crysis forum and I'm going to ask about ArmA on BI's forum soon because ArmA really needs to be certified also.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Excellent! Now MTBS is doing what it was meant to do! Thanks for all your help and KEEP IT UP! :D

Create a unique thread for each game so people will know what they have and have not participated with. So this ArmA game should have its own MTBS thread.

Thanks again!

Neil
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by scarab »

I also add something to this thread and it seems that we raise interest.
:D good work!
RAZOR3D SHUTTER GLASSES @ NEC Diamond Pro 930SB(19" CRT) @ 6600GT
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

With enough of us posting, there is bound to be someone who will sit up and take notice.

As you know, I am always behind these things 110%. I hate sounding cynical and I would hate to depress anybody - But - Out of experience, if they have to spend extra time on coding, they won't bother.

If they don't intend to implement stereo compatibility, we should ask for some feedback asking for what the decision was at some point before the game goes gold. Then we might be in a better position to request for something far simpler to implement. A switch which would enable us to turn off all non-stereo3d compatible effects.

As many stereogamers will agree, It is far better to play the game with no post processing effects and Stereo than post processing effects and no stereo :)

I hope that in this case, experience lies :)

Here is to hoping for Crysis full Stereo3D Compatibility.

-- Shahzad
Neil

Post by Neil »

Rage!

I think you should check that thread again. The post after yours indicated that our requests were forwarded to their LEAD ENGINE PROGRAMMER, and they are taking it under consideration.

You should all be very proud of yourselves. With just a single post from each of you, you got their attention.

The weekend is coming up - let's do it again, and again, and again until you get the S-3D certification and compatibility you deserve in all the new releases. Ask about certification in older releases too.

Someone should post in the Crysis forum that there is an MTBS programming guide so their developers will know how to adjust the game.

Thanks again - you did more in the past day for S-3D than most have done in the past ten years.

Regards,
Neil 8)
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I was just about to post about that.
Lets hope then that the lead programmer does implement it.

You know, we should probably chip in and send him a "gift" - a pair of shutter glasses with a CD with the latest stereo and forceware drivers, and a quick setup/configuration guide.

Ask him to boot up Far Cry with Stereo3D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If we did this to every prominent developer, I think we would have a great success. Shutter glasses are relatively cheap after all, and I think, Neil, if we paypal you the funds, there is no reason we can't startup up lobbying campaign and sway the industry like the big boys :)

If Jobs can do it with his iPods, then we can do it with our shutter glasses.

-- Shahzad.
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by scarab »

Is the inCrysis forum offline? I try since some minutes to submit my post but it dont works :(

( remeber: their is a game called Sauerbraten and the founder of this Game projekt is a one of the guys who has programmed farcry so i think he also programms on Crysis!!! Whats about the certification of Sauerbraten???
http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=70)
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by scarab »

now it works :D
Neil wrote: Someone should post in the Crysis forum that there is an MTBS programming guide so their developers will know how to adjust the game.
I think thats a job for the President :D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the offer, there's no need to pay pal money over yet. HOWEVER, I'll talk it over with my sponsor as we may have some ideas to work with.

For now, it would be a really big help if you guys could start a lot of threads in a lot of forums. Ask if an existing game is MTBS certified, ask if a future game is going to be MTBS certified - it all helps. More importantly, it makes a difference!

Please keep up the good work, and remember to give each game its own individual thread.

Regards,
Neil 8)
Neil

Post by Neil »

scarab wrote:now it works :D
Neil wrote: Someone should post in the Crysis forum that there is an MTBS programming guide so their developers will know how to adjust the game.
I think thats a job for the President :D

Point taken...and handled!

Neil
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Far Cry is one absolutely amazing game in 3D and I agree that it would be in "someones" best interest to work closer with developers on this but I am not sold on it being Neils responsibility. It seems to me that IZ3D and Nvidia are the big winners here since S3D support will help them sell more products, especially IZ3D! A complete demo system should be assembled by working with these "should be" sponsors that contains a 7900GTX, Core2 duo pc with xp and the latest stereo drivers, an IZ3D Monitor, and preloaded with the games that we know work extremely well in S3D (Far Cry, Painkiller). Get a copy of "Ghost" software to create a restore drive in case it get's messed up. Pack this up and ship it to developers so they have a stable, pre-configured system to test their code with. Sure would be nice if the PS3 could be this box since it has an nvidia chip inside. Are you listening Nvidia?? I sell information systems for a living and wouldn't be able to sell a single one if i didn't have a system to demonstrate my solution in a stable environment. I wouldn't go the route of just sending glasses as the intent is to wow them with the best available so that they are just as stoked about it as we are! Nvidia and IZ3D need to get on board since they are the ones making the bucks>>> :idea:
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Neil

Post by Neil »

Pixel!

Good to see you involved!

These are all valid points, and I assure you that iZ3D among others are doing a great deal to push the industry forward.

I think this thread was very successful - let's open more doors with other games too.

Regards,
Neil :D
RTsa
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RTsa »

Hello guys!

As most of you probably know, I'm one of the admins on the Crysis fansite. I personally have no experience on this, but just looking at Freke1's sig got me hyped on the whole concept. :D

I seriously hope that all goes well and the Crytek boys decide to implement what's neccessary. It would be an awesome game in real 3D, I'm sure.

Keep up the good work and as Neil keeps telling you, go post on other sites and get the developers' attention! If it wasn't for you guys, Crytek probably wouln't have even considered this as it's not a very well known concept.

Do any of you know if Far Cry supported this right from launch or did it come in a patch?

That is all, for now. :)
Except, Neil, check your email. ;)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It worked right away, no patch or anything. I only use 6800 ultra for the graphic so some settings need to be turned down though. Have patched it some time ago but don't know which one.. The stereovision worked allright after the patch too.
B.T.W: Thank you for your attention on this subject! Maybe Crytek would be the first one to invoke proper stereovision as standard in games? :P

Best regards!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

Yes, thanks RTsa for your time and attention on this. Stereo3D is amazing and I think the more people see and understand how good it is, support and excitement about it will continue to grow.
-Nate
Kizza
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kizza »

Good to see the spammy Fin dropped you guys a line =) I'm really proud to see you all being proactive about something worth doing in the gaming community. I can't believe something like this has slipped under the radar and I want to get a pair of shutter glasses as soon as can be afforded! (I'm saving for a car so it might be a while).

If you have anything additional to add, just post it in the forum thread on inCrysis or email me at seahorsedude [at> g m a i l dot com. Then I'll just forward it on to Alexander Marschall (Crytek Community Manager) and he'll tell the necessary people at Crytek what they need to know :)

I'm fully behind you all with making Crysis fully compatible with Sterescopic 3D.

Can I ask one favour, though? I don't know too much about it, and there's a guy who asked about framerate and stereo3d, so I immediately thought of MTBS3D. Here's the thread. It would be much appreciated. Thanks again!
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

Added a bump to the topic (as if it needed it).
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
Goggles - ELSA Revelator circa 1999
nVidia 3D Vision circa 2009
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

From RTsa on the forum:
"No official word, but to be perfectly honest I don't think you'll get flawless support. I'm up for making a mod that tries to fix all of the problems that Crysis will have"

That's awesome to hear from RTsa that he'd be up for modding to fix flaws, though of course ideal would be to have it out of the box.
-Nate
Neil

Post by Neil »

Certification does not require a perfect game. It's enough to have the game tested for a certification result and for them to publicize their result.

Someone should point that out.

Speaking in extremes, a Bronze level game could be is a very good S-3D experience!

Neil
RTsa
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RTsa »

Just curious, what would you rate Far Cry? It has its flaws..well, mainly the crosshair I suppose, but anyway. (haven't tried MP, so I don't know about player names etc..) I'm guessing gold, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, nathan, I have ZERO experience in modding. However, I do have experience in programming and that's all that's needed here I think, so I might be able to make the experience that much better. And I'm going to be learning some modding with Sandbox 2 (CryENGINE2 editor) anyway, so I might just as well start with relatively easy stuff, like fixing a crosshair or something. ;)

We'll have to wait and see what comes out of the box first, though. :P
And what I've understood, lots of the issues encountered are actually driver based. Maybe there will be decent drivers later on. :)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi RTsa!

I've been following the advocacy forums. and I think an important experience was learned here. We need answers to challenging arguements.

I'm going to put a FAQ sticky together at the top of this forum to outline some key objections, and positive ways to answer them.

A game developer can say no, and still get us a "yes" result further down the line! Baby steps!

The world is going to change come June 7th, 2007....haven't you booked your flight to Dimension-3 yet?!?!? :o

Neil
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

Yes, RTsa, I agree waiting to see what comes out of the box is the best place to start and we'll go from there. That's cool you'll be getting some experience with the development tools, and just appreciate the helpful attitude you have about it all.
-Nate
winlonghorn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winlonghorn »

Neil wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for the offer, there's no need to pay pal money over yet. HOWEVER, I'll talk it over with my sponsor as we may have some ideas to work with.

For now, it would be a really big help if you guys could start a lot of threads in a lot of forums. Ask if an existing game is MTBS certified, ask if a future game is going to be MTBS certified - it all helps. More importantly, it makes a difference!

Please keep up the good work, and remember to give each game its own individual thread.

Regards,
Neil 8)
I will startup a set of 3D discussion forums on my site. Thank you. :)

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”