Descent 3 not working in 3D

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
muu5
One Eyed Hopeful

Descent 3 not working in 3D

Post by muu5 »

Descent 3 is one of my favorite games ever. Its old but I figure it should lend very well to S-3D and I believe many people have called in excellent in S-3D.

I have a problem where I can't get the game to run in 3D. The main menu is in 3D but buggy, the mouse cursor leaves a trail all over the menu that doesn't disappear, I can fill the screen with mouse trails. But I don't really mind a buggy menu.

In game the Nvidia 3D crosshair works, and is in 3D. Convergence keys work on the 3D crosshair making it separate.

But the game itself is not in 3D, taking the glasses off shows the game rendered normally instead of slightly doubled. Depth wheel on the IR transmitter does nothing. Convergence keys that separate the 3D crosshair do nothing for the game objects.

Using Nvidia 3D vision glasses on a Sony FW900 CRT running 1280x800@120Hz. Running Vista 64, Descent 3(main.exe) is in Win98 compatibility mode, WinXP mode crashes. Descent 3 setup is set to use the Direct3D renderer not the OpenGL renderer. These command line arguments are added -nointro -width 1280 -height 800 -aspect 1.6 -framecap 120

Can anyone who has Descent3 working in 3D please share their settings or procedures? Thanks in advance.
vitosky
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Descent 3 not working in 3D

Post by vitosky »

Hey muu5 read this thread:

http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php? ... c1505911d4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Asus P5K Mainboard/Intel E8400 3.00 GHZ/Geforce 7900 GTX 512 MB/Monitor CRT Lacie Electron Blue II/Edimensional Shutter Glasses
Asus Striker Extreme/Intel Xeon X5460 775 mod/Geforce GTX 680/Monitor 3D Asus VG278HR/3D Vision 2

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”