Edimensionnal + windows Seven

vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Edimensionnal + windows Seven

Post by vikti »

Hi,

I am an old school Stereo user on XP/DLP projector/geforce 7950GTX/Edimensional glasses

I plan to change my set up for a MacBookPro Unibody with Windows Seven in dual boot and a 9600GT.

I still want to use my Edimensional shutters glasses and I am wondering if it will work.

Is 9xxx series is compatible with 3D stereo today ? What drivers have I to use ? IZ3D, DDDD, Nvidia driver 3D?

Regards,
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Edimensionnal + windows Seven

Post by cybereality »

Sorry but you are out of luck. I don't believe there are any modern drivers which will support generic DLP projectors with shutter glasses.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

But, on the IZ3D manual they say we can use Vista with their drivers for page flipping. I want to run it under Seven. Do you think it could be help ?
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

I have posted my question about IZ3D driver on the appropriate forum.

So, what does exist nowadays for running S3D on Windows Seven and Geforce 9xx or above ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, the iz3d driver does have beta support for shutter glasses. I haven't tried it myself, but from what I understand it does not work all that great. Interlaced shutter seems to work ok, but page-flipping has issues. Mainly that the driver cannot sync with the glasses (for whatever reason) so you have to just hope the game runs well above 60FPS to maintain sync. Otherwise the glasses with constantly go out of sync and switch eyes, etc. So basically it doesn't work and I wasn't even going to mention it.

Options for Windows 7, hmm... You could get the Nvidia 3D Vision bundle with the 22" monitor. I believe the Zalman Trimon should work fine. Acer has an HD projector coming out next month that supports 3D Vision ( http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). There are the Viewsonic 3D projectors but I have heard horror stories. I'd probably wait for the Acer.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Ok, I understand for the IZ3D driver now...
You talk about interlaced shutter, how does it work exactly ?

My aim is to have multi viewers so Zalman screen is not what I need. I ll take a look for your HD projector.
Do I have other choices than Nvidia Shutter glasses ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

If you get an HDTV that is 3D-ready then you can use generic shutter glasses with it (w/ iz3d or DDD drivers). However if you are talking about PC monitors then only really the 3D Vision is supported. Edimensional could work if you have a CRT and run in interlaced mode but I doubt that is what you are looking for. I don't know if interlaced will work with projectors. Interlaced mode displays both eye views at once, half on the even scanlines and half on the odd. Then either the dongle or the activator will "blank" every other line each frame while it flips the shutters. So each eye only sees its intended view, just at half resolution. This is what I am running on my Zalman and I think it looks pretty good.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi new operating system windows 7 is fresh maybe edimensional will hand out their pageflipping driver screen filter like they can do on a lcd except page flipping dunno. I thought metal queen had a workaround for this on vista and saying there was newer beta drivers. Anyway I can't locate all posts but I would only suggest use edim software remember you can use dated windows xp legacy drivers with vista and could'nt be windows 7? Don't windows 7 have a no reboot driver install option now. Edimensionals website software update hyperlink was down the last time I checked, hopefully their workers have stuff to do, they make some pretty good stereo 3d products.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”