Frank Vitz, Senior Art Director/CG Supervisor, EA

Respond to the movers and shakers by making THEM move and shake!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Frank Vitz, Senior Art Director/CG Supervisor, EA

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

We are very honored to be joined by Frank Vitz, Senior Art Director and CG Supervisor for Electronic Arts. If you are unfamiliar with his work, I think it is safe to say that he is one of the great geniuses in gaming and film. Inventor, pioneer, and and innovator at heart, I am confident you will find this interview informative, entertaining, and exciting for more reasons than one.

He is also the answer to our riddle which was what do Spider-Man, the first two X-Men movies, stereoscopic 3D, nurf guns, and video games have in common?

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_inte ... news_id=65" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Share your thoughts on the interview! What did you think of his remarks about S-3D gaming and its future?

Spread the word! Everyone should read this.

Regards,
Neil
koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Frank Vitz, Senior Art Director/CG Supervisor, EA

Post by koshien »

Eheh, nice interview!
I enjoyed that Spiderman Dark ride during my stay in the U.S....it was just awesome and the reason why I have a Zalman Trimon monitor right now and became an mtbs3d member.
Isn't that great :)
smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by smoothy »

I didn't know anything about this man until I read that interview, I haven't read it all just yet. but so far he comes across as a very talented man. It's amazing that he was behind that Spiderman ride. I remember taking a ride on that thing when I was at islands of adventure about ten years ago, it has definitely got to be the most amazing 3d ride I have ever been on. I really felt that I was in the movie, it would be awesome if cinema was like that. Imagine going to watch Avatar with a pod that moved with the movie in 3D. I have always wondered if that is the way Hollywood will be going in the future. It's the next evolution after 3D to continue to bring back the viewers to the cinema to give them an experience that can only happen in the cinema. I kept on wanting that Spiderman ride to continue, I loved being tossed around in the kart. Imagine a full featured film doing that. 90 or 100 minutes of pure excitement.

Do any of you remember the emaginator ride? I am from the UK and at the London Trocadero center in Picadily circus. They had this cinema with these karts sitting in front of these massive screens like you find in any cinema, it wasn't 3d, this was like 18 years ago, but the experience was amazing. I thought back then this was going to be how cinema would be ten years later. I waited and waited and nothing came of it.

I must get back to the article

Neil thanks loads for being able to get this interview done and posting it here. Your doing such a great job for the s3d community. Keep up the good work!

All the best
Neil

Post by Neil »

You missed the best part!

Read mtbs3D.com's front page for a sneak peak.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Very nice article. I hadn't heard the guy's name before but he seems like the real deal. Its nice to hear people at EA are interested in this. With a little effort and some standards I could see S3D console gaming becoming very big. Its also important the developers get on this now considering games can take 2 years or longer to complete (and all the 3D TVs come out next year). Although it wouldn't be too hard to add stereo to a game already in production.
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

cheers, good read indeed. That Spiderman ride sounds awesome.
Also love his 'Frank Vitz Remote Control Employee Motivator' office missile launcher... classic

Keep up the good works,
Yew
waiting patiently......
Neil

Post by Neil »

Oh! I almost forgot!

Another interview is in the works. Something you have all wanted for awhile! :D

Regards,
Neil
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Nice interview, thanks!
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

ya that was sure a surprise to me in what this site can do with moderizing something uncompatable with everysingle setup. From what he says starting from scratch is how drawing coding is done now. It's also great to see so many companies getting along and working with so many cultures. I am an end user myself so getting a new product home that I can like and use it one of the best feelings I can get, just like having christmas every other month of the year. Myself I have been talking about stereo3d tv and setups to alot of people even at my local shop futureshop and even about the movies. Stereo3d opens alot of doors to new stories, details, cuteness and colors. Who would not want this in their home. Thats all a person needs is a good entertainment night besides listening to what the neighbors are doing jk, lol :P Anyway I was gonna mention some other stereo3d details here but going to wait. I just wanted to say I wish the best for all the fellows and people who make our entertainment possible I am glad with my screens at home and having better ones on sale is awesome news even that :shutter software needs hardware, computing power. How that virgin 1000mbps modems doing anyway lawl have a good day.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
rocksparow
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rocksparow »

It is really very nice article. Its also important to get on this now considering games can take 2 years or longer to complete (and all the 3D TVs come out next year). It is one of the good thing which is good.

Return to “MTBS Interview User Remarks”