High Resolution 3D capable Projectors

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
zanthrax
One Eyed Hopeful

High Resolution 3D capable Projectors

Post by zanthrax »

As the title suggests, I'm in the looks for a HD Projector (1080p) that will actually work with my nVidia 3D glasses.

For a time I was looking at some viewsonic projectors, but poor reviews and pretty low resolutions have since then scared me away. It would seem my almost perfect match is the Optima HD20, but it still seems uknown wether or not they will actually support 3D. (any update on this? I would really like to buy the HD20 now and use it for movies/games, and perhaps update the firmware manually if possible).

I have already bought the 3D glasses, newegg, and they are non-refundable. I was planning to buy a DLP TV (mit) 60", but after looking at it, I ultimately decided it does not look good at all when compared to some 47"LCD's in a simmilar price region. The image qulaity just didnt look WORTH $1000. So I tried a 120hz LCD TV, which ultimately failed because there are no LCDs that actually support 120Hz input (with the exception of some 22" lcd monitors). So in the end I stumbled what appears to be the great world of projectors, it seems they have a pretty good image, especially for their size! But I'm unsure of what 3D projectors there really are. Thanks for the help!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: High Resolution 3D capable Projectors

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, it would be cool if there were something like that on the market but sadly it seems no one wants to fill this niche. Maybe Optoma will.
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jadentheman »

Yea you could get one. But those would be lots of money and it's the kind used in the theatre so I would wait on that standard first
iamcanadian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iamcanadian »

I have the Optoma HD 200x same thintg as the HD 20, I did buy it for home theater but i tried it with the 3d vision and nope it dont work not even close, A little dissapointed yes but I did get a Viewsonic 6211 and the 3d pop out at 120hz is pretty good but i hope higher res than1024X768 will be availble soon.other than that for under $600 its not bad .
Maybe once Nvidia gets around to including them all in the driver or if they even bring back SPAN Mode like XP has(YEAH Right) I will buy another one . I did use the MTHTG with Optoma EP739s but tired of 75-85 Hz. The 6211s are much better. for now. HD in 120 hz maybe in a year or 2......
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

There have been these projectors around from DepthQ
and Barco: http://www.barco.com/en/virtualreality/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for a while. Wether they work for gaming or with 3D vision I have no idea.
They've allways been out of my pricerange. They are HD though.
zanthrax
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zanthrax »

Yes i did ask DepthQ about their latest projector that does in fact support 3d vision at 1080p, however they told me it was $3,400- which for me too is wayy out of the price range. the $1000 HD20 optoma seems like a good deal though. I'm considering selling the glasses I have, as I have yet to actually use them, and it seems the technology I want just isnt out yet. For all i know these glasses will be worthless by the time it actully comes out.

I was originally going to get a 1080p DLP TV, but for $1000 they just looked O.K... they'd have no resale value, unlike a LCD/Plasma would. Unfortunately for this technology, I do base my purchases on wether or not I can actually afford to upgrade in the furture.

Maybe optoma will come out with a 3d projector soon, I asked if they had any and go to response from them. I think i will buy the HD20 anyway, and if they release firmware I can upgrade myself GREAT, but if not, then 3D is just not worth it to me (yet).

At quakecon on a 400"+ screen it was most excellent though.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”