Oh nooo, need help! No more StereoType options.. :( :(

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Oh nooo, need help! No more StereoType options.. :( :(

Post by Jahun »

Ok this sucks...

For whatever reason, I can't choose between any Stereo Type viewing options anymore in the Nvidia Stereo panel.. well I can't when my 2 projectors are hooked up. When I use my 2 TFT screens, it works fine...

Now, I am using the 162.15 stereo and 162.18 Forceware combo, and I think the issue may be with these :( I am not a 100% sure if I managed to get it to work on my projectors yet with these drivers..

So I'll revert back to my older ones.. sadly.. and hope that fixes it, but if anyone with dual projector (or other if you like) could let me know if it works for them?

Would be a sad change, if projectors can't be used with newer drivers..
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

This sounds really strange. I use 162.15 stereo and 162.18 and using them with my dual proj setup. Try uninstall everything and then install again. Hopefully it might work.
Haven't tried the newest forceware beta yet though. :(

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

There's a key in the registry called "ShowAllViewerTypes". It needs to be set to 1. It's at "HKLM\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D".
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

I changed back to the 94.something drivercouple, which work fine for me... Before that, I uninstalled the 162.15+ 162.18 combo a couple of times, even uninstalled Nhancer etc too to make sure. checked registry for stuff hanging around but when reinstaling the drivers, still the same issue. At the very moment I plug in one of my projectors, I lose the options and only anaglyph is showing (there isn't even an options slider anymore)

Tril: Good point! Can't check it now, but will this weekend when I take the time for this again. It seems odd to me that there would be a difference in projectors or TFT screens on this though... but it is worth a shot. Is it usually set to "0" then?

Likay: hmm thanks for letting me know it should work... odd.. I suppose windows recognizes your projectors as being projectors right? Typical...
Btw, if you mean by "uninstall everything" the driver combo (and Nhancer) yes I did that... no Windows reinstall though (and not planning too :P)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Yes, they're recognized as projectors if it's of any help. hehe

cheers
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Grrr. and now the same s-t happened to me.. lol. I did have a total registry backup though but it didn't helped... gonna check further... haha

cheers

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”