How to get Edimensional like glasses to work with GTX280?

shaolin95
One Eyed Hopeful

How to get Edimensional like glasses to work with GTX280?

Post by shaolin95 »

Hi!
I am getting closer to getting 3D Vision but in the mean time can I get my old EDimensional like glasses to work with my GTX280 under XP or Vista 64 (preferred)?
Thanks!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How to get Edimensional like glasses to work with GTX280?

Post by cybereality »

Long story short, the Nvidia drivers will not work with any shutter glasses except for their own. I have heard of some people that got the ED glasses to work in conjunction with the Nvidia 3D Vision, but they needed the Nvidia IR emitter to get it to work. Also, are you planning to run this on a CRT?
shaolin95
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shaolin95 »

If I can find a nice CRT in the mean time I am going to use that but I am already dealing with two users about getting the 3D Vision combo.

I may go with a 22 LCD at first since at least from previous experience, when gaming on 3D glasses, the monitor looks a lot bigger than what is really is so I may not notice the difference from my regular 26" LCD.

Thanks
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, in 3D the monitor certainly does look bigger. I wouldn't go as far to say 26" but its comparable to a 24" probably.
shaolin95
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shaolin95 »

Well, I am considering going crazy and since my local Aarons has the Mitsu 3D DLP...I could make something stupid and get it! :shutter

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”