StereoPaint ESP development

zen
One Eyed Hopeful

StereoPaint ESP development

Post by zen »

Hi DirectX developers

the lastest stereopaint ESP painting program uses pixel shaders and 3d hardware (DirectX)
It's for creating stereo art, 3d images, converting 2d to 3d, or creating stereo image for game texture maps.

you can download it free here:
http://zenratai.com/software/stereopaint_esp/index.htm

Currently I'm looking for the following on how to improve the software:
How to render anaglyph correctly - using just the red from the one image and the blue|green from the other doesn't give excellent results. What's the secret to mixing the channels?
How to sync to the vertical retrace, and keep a reliable register of left/right swaps.
I want to use nvidia's stereo support, but must swap the textures with each render. If the software is doing something tricky there may be frame drops, so need a reliable count of left/right renders from the hardware. any ideas?

someone to test it on a 3d monitor. Way out of my price range, so would be great if someone could help. I think this would really add appeal having some content creation tools for stereo.

in stereo (where available)
~Zen
Zandru
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zandru »

Hi Zen,

i'm also trying to put native 3d Stereo support into a program, and i want to make you aware of one caveat that i have been struggling with:

Prerendering - this really makes it hard to determine whether or not a frame has been skipped. Of course prerendering can also help to avoid skipping, so its probably not a good idea (and it seems impossible when using OpenGL) to set the prerender limit to 0.

Did you find any way to get information about this directly from the hardware? I don't know of any way.

Cheers,
Zandru
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi!

i could test it on the 3d monitor if you want.. :) just tell me what to do.. :) i am on vista ultimate. hope it is not a problem.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”