Help With Setting Up Vision 3D Glasses.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Help With Setting Up Vision 3D Glasses.

Post by BaDvs3viL »

Good Afternoon,

First off, this is an awesome site and have been a "guest" for some time and read alot of posts. Now I am ready to jump on in...

I am having an issue with setting up the 3D glasses when going through the setup Wizard from Nvidia.

The wizard detects my senor and also my 3D ready display which is the Veiwsonic PJD6220-3D. The problem happens when I get to the screen that has you pick which shape you see in each eye of the glasses when the glasses are enabled.

I can tell the glasses are on becasue I get the bright green light on the sensor and also I can see the glasses flashing when I have them on. The problem is that the screen doesn't look any differnet if I have the glasses on or not. I assume at this point, and please correct me if I am wrong is that without the glasses on at this point I should see both shapes together on the screen? on top of each other and when I put the glasses on and block one eye, I should see one shape?

All I see with or without the glasses on is this... I see the blue triangle for about 20 - 30 seconds and then it changes to the orange stop sign shape and it will just change back and forth about every 20 - 30 seconds or so... shouldnt this be changing ALOT faster??

Am I doing something wrong or have something set wrong?

My projector is set at 120Hz 1024x768. My video card is a Nvidia 9600GT. I am using the 186.18 drivers that came with the 1.09 CD. I am also running Windows 7 RC (7100)

I have also tried to turn off the Auto 3D Sync on the projector and that didnt make a difference.

Please help if you can!

Thanks!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Help With Setting Up Vision 3D Glasses.

Post by Neil »

Welcome to MTBS! Thank you for your compliments.

When you close one eye at a time, do you only see one of the two shapes?

Try pressing the button on the glasses to ensure that they are indeed on and darkened.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

What USB port is the emitter plugged into? If its on a front/top port you may want to try plugging it in on the back (directly to the motherboard). Not sure if thats the problem, but its worth a shot I guess.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

Neil!

Thanks for such a quick response!

I know for a fact that the glasses are on. I can hold the button on the glasses which make one of the lens go all black. I can also see the difference in brightness when it the glasses are activated by the test screen. I also notice flickering when I have the glasses on and at this test screen.

Can you answer my question with this test screen though? If you are at the test pattern screen with the 2 shapes, when you have the glasses off or dont have an eye closed, shouldn't you see both shapes?

Thanks!
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

cybereality wrote:What USB port is the emitter plugged into? If its on a front/top port you may want to try plugging it in on the back (directly to the motherboard). Not sure if thats the problem, but its worth a shot I guess.

Right now its plugged into my top USB's but I have tried in the back as well.

:(
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

BaDvs3viL wrote:Can you answer my question with this test screen though? If you are at the test pattern screen with the 2 shapes, when you have the glasses off or dont have an eye closed, shouldn't you see both shapes?
I believe the test is supposed to show you one shape in each eye. So with the glasses on and with both eyes open you should see both shapes. Then you could close one or the other eye to switch shapes.

Are you running the 186.18 video drivers (to match the stereo drivers)? Also, are you sure you installed the driver for Windows7 and not the Vista driver? Here is the link for Windows7: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_3D ... 86.18.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, make sure there are no other IR wireless devices in the nearby area. This may be causing interference. So turn off any LCD/Plasma displays, turn off all your lights, any other wireless devices that use IR. Again, this is just a shot in the dark (no pun intended) but you have to try everything.
Last edited by cybereality on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

I believe the test is supposed to show you one shape in each eye. So with the glasses on and with both eyes open you should see both shapes. Then you could close one or the other eye to switch shapes.

Also, make sure there are no other IR wireless devices in the nearby area. This may be causing interference. So turn off any LCD/Plasma displays, turn off all your lights, any other wireless devices that use IR. Again, this is just a shot in the dark (no pun intended) but you have to try everything.
Thanks!

I will try that as well. The projector itself has an IR remote and I also have a Windows Media Center Remote that is connected to this same PC that uses IR.
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

hi
there is a very explicative review of 3d VIsion in the guru3d site. I think that is quite good and will give you the answers.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

Ok, I read the Guru3D review about it and that didn't have any information to help me out here.

I went ahead and made a youtube video to try and show the issue that I am having.

Please let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZevvjOD8TbM
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

BaDvs3viL wrote:I went ahead and made a youtube video to try and show the issue that I am having.

Please let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZevvjOD8TbM
Clearly something is not right. It looks like you have everything set up correctly.

The only thing I can think of is maybe something got messed up when you installed the drivers. I would try uninstalling *all* nvidia drivers and then reinstall to the absolute latest versions. Use Driver Sweeper (http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to make sure you get it all off before you update. Also make sure you are using the Windows7 drivers and not the Vista ones. Maybe that will work.

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with the 3D Vision or the Viewsonic projector so I can't be of much more help. Maybe try posting your problem on the Nvidia forum: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. Here are a few questions:

1. Set the glasses aside altogether. Do you see the triangle and circular shape (sextogon?) on the screen at the same time overlapping each other? This is how it should be seen when viewed with the naked eye. If you are seeing only one of the two shapes, then the problem is happening even before your glasses need something to sync with.

2. It shouldn't be a requirement, but I notice you haven't ticked the "Enable Stereoscopic 3D" function in the driver. I'm able to run the wizard without this, but it should still be selected.

3. Completely uninstall all your video card drivers. Then reinstall the GeForce driver followed by the stereo driver. Sometimes installing over an older set of drivers messes things up. I think this is what may have happened here.

Regards,
Neil
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

Hay Neil,

Thanks for jumping in again.

Without the glasses I see one shape for about 20 seconds and then it will change to the other. They never overlap like I thought that they should have. Just like in that video is exactly what I see.

I have now reformatted and tried both Windows 7 and Vista both x86 and have the same exact problem.

I have checked the box for 3D but it makes no difference. The first time you run through the driver install, you have to check that box first to be able to run the wizard.

I can't get nobody over at the Nvidia forums to even help at all so I thank you for your ideas.

Instead of just reformatting again and reinstalling windows, since I know this happens in both. I will start playing with the drivers.

I just dont see what would be wrong with a clean install of windows and all new drivers and get the same issue with 2 different operating systems.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Nononono!

Don't reformat or reinstall the operating system. That should not be necessary.

I was only suggesting you uninstall the video card drivers, and reinstalling them.

Are you using 64 bit or 32 bit operating systems? I remember NVIDIA having trouble with the 64 bit version.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

Try disconnecting the 3D vision altogether.

I'd be interested in seeing if you could get the drivers to run in anaglyph mode. Let's start with something very basic, and move up from there. :shutter

Regards,
Neil
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Try this. Place glases in box, mail back to Nvidia with a note saying "Give me my money back you greedy &$^%".

:)

But seriously, if the lenses arent darkening at all i imagine the glasses are not activating, check the charge. Aside from that, try a game anyway and see if it works there.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

@Neil,

I am using 32bit with both Vista and 7. Yes I can get Anaglyph to work and have been using that for a long time before I got this S3d setup.

@Okta,

The glasses darken just fine and do work. Once I am at the test image screen, they kick on and I can hold the button on the glasses and make one of each lens go black. You can also see the screen flickering when you have the glasses on during the test.
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Borg_Rootan »

BaDvs3viL wrote:@Neil,

I am using 32bit with both Vista and 7. Yes I can get Anaglyph to work and have been using that for a long time before I got this S3d setup.

@Okta,

The glasses darken just fine and do work. Once I am at the test image screen, they kick on and I can hold the button on the glasses and make one of each lens go black. You can also see the screen flickering when you have the glasses on during the test.
Hi. You can try skip nVidia setup. Run regedit and select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> NVIDIA_Corporation -> Stereo3D, then change value of StereoVisionConfirmed from 0 to 1. Close regedit, open nVidia setup panel and select your 3D platform (I have generic CRT display, confirmed HW maybe have own diferent choice). In my case was nVidia setup imposible to, but I have 85Hz DLP projector.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I just noticed Nvidia mentions a 3D Vision Beta driver CD v1.09 (3D Vision v190.38) on their website. I found the v190.38 video driver but the 3D Vision v190.38 driver is nowhere to be found. I think it might be coming out today and they just haven't updated their website yet. Maybe if you can find that driver it may help you.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

Borg_Rootan wrote:
BaDvs3viL wrote:@Neil,

@Okta,

Hi. You can try skip nVidia setup. Run regedit and select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> NVIDIA_Corporation -> Stereo3D, then change value of StereoVisionConfirmed from 0 to 1. Close regedit, open nVidia setup panel and select your 3D platform (I have generic CRT display, confirmed HW maybe have own diferent choice). In my case was nVidia setup imposible to, but I have 85Hz DLP projector.

I have not tried this but will do. Doesn't do the same thing as "guessing the right answers" through the wizard? Once you "lie" your wya through it changes this reg setting.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

cybereality wrote:I just noticed Nvidia mentions a 3D Vision Beta driver CD v1.09 (3D Vision v190.38) on their website. I found the v190.38 video driver but the 3D Vision v190.38 driver is nowhere to be found. I think it might be coming out today and they just haven't updated their website yet. Maybe if you can find that driver it may help you.

Yeah I see now that they have both out now. I will try these out tonight, but they dont say if there are any updates/fixes for anything. just game profile updates.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

So I tried out the new Beta drivers to see if they would might have a chance to fix my issue and with no luck... I am getting the same effect when I get to the test screen in the setup wizard.

I made a new you tube video of my issue and this time let the test screen record longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jdENNxf_0Y

At 35 seconds is when the test screen starts. If you give it some time you will see it change shapes. This is exactly what it does with the glasses on, connected and working. doesn't matter if you close an eye or not.

This build is yet another clean install of Windows Vista x86 32bit with all new drivers including the new Beat drivers from Nvidia that was released yesterday.

Any thoughts?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I noticed when at the screen where it says "3D Ready Display Detected" its lists your projector as the Viewsonic EA22 and not the PJD6220-3D. Thats kind of weird, but I don't think that would cause the problem you are having. I'm sorry, I really don't know what to tell you.
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

Ok I have an update. I took home a 19" CRT today to test with. Its a Viewsonic G90F. The highest refesh is only 85Hz but to my amazment the 3D wizard worked perfect! I'm impressed! The RE5 benchmark test looks amazing!

So now I know for sure something is up with my Viewsonic PJD6220-3D Projector. The question I have now is, should I return this or is there something I can do?

I'm going to call Viewsonic's support now and see what they have to say...
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

Viewsonic's support FAILS!

I talked to a guy for about 30 min's and what it came to was to RMA this projector which I just bought less then 5 days ago and they will repair it and send it back! LOLOL!!!

Why would I send it to you for a repair??? I want a brand new one! lmao...

I got it from CDW anyway and they have a great return policy. I will return it for another one.

Viewsonic = fail...
BaDvs3viL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BaDvs3viL »

So I have now returned the projector for another brand new one. Thank you CDW!

I now have 3D working perfectly with this thing.

This projector has the same issue that I with the one I returned. The problem, come to find out, is with the Keystone setting. I had this projector right side up, up high by the ceiling. The keystone was way off and I had to set it to -20 to get it perfect, but when its set at this setting 3D doesn't work at all. When I set the keystone to 0 it worked awesome...

With the first projector I did not change the keystone to 0. I always had to set to -20ish to look square.

Now I have my projector upside down with the keystone set to 0 and the quality is amazing!!!
Bobfather
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bobfather »

I also have the Nvidea setup. I bought it and a Samsung 3D monitor to watch .wmv video and DVDs in 3D.
It was only after these purchases that I found out that the system is for gaming only.
I have kind of gotten it to work with .wmv files by choosing interlace and a parallax of 64-28.
But it is not what I wanted. Is there anyway to get the system to do what I want converted video
to 3D. Thanks in advance.
Also I downloaded the 3D player from this site, what type of glasses do I need to see that in 3D?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Just use the Nvidia 3D video player:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_vision_ ... 1.4.7.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”