(New to Forum) Best DLP program/shutter glasses etc.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
lquan
One Eyed Hopeful

(New to Forum) Best DLP program/shutter glasses etc.

Post by lquan »

I'm sure this has been answered already, but without spending all day. Which is the best program, shutter glasses, emitter for a Samsung DLP 67A750. How do these programs work with console/PC gaming, changing 2d-3d etc. Samsung stopped making their package (ssg1000x) what is the best way to get the most out of my tv with the accessories out there.

Thank you in advance for any help.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: (New to Forum) Best DLP program/shutter glasses etc.

Post by cybereality »

Well the best program for viewing video content is the Stereoscopic Player (http://3dtv.at" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), no question. In terms of gaming, there are some choices, I can't say which is best. But Nvidia has a driver, also IZ3D and TriDef. Best shutter glasses: probably the Crystal Eyes (but they will cost you an arm and a leg). A kit like this will probably be fine to get you started:

http://www.ddd.com/cart/product.php?pro ... t=1&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Cyber what about those xpand 101 and 102's?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lquan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lquan »

I have looked at the X102's that have a built in emitter. I really like the glasses and they said they should work with the DLP TV. Now what program should I use to get the most options? The http://www.3dtv.at" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; looks like a good video program, but am I going to have to use a different program for gaming with an ATI card?

Thank you for your input. Larry
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I've never used the Xpand's before but they look like nice quality.

@lquan: You want to purchase the Stereoscopic Player for video and probably the IZ3D drivers for gaming. A video player and a gaming driver are two totally different things. Just like you can't watch a movie using Microsoft Word, or open a spreadsheet in iTunes.
Last edited by cybereality on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lquan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lquan »

Thanks Cyber, Even though the glasses haven't arrived yet, I already downloaded the Stereoscopic player and the IZ3D. I hope I can just get the settings correct with the DLP and be able to figure the rest of it out.
I am assuming that with my computer connected to the DLP that I will be able to run the 3d game programs. Do you see any restrictions using the DLP monitor VS one of the dedicated 3d gaming monitors most of you all use or should it work about the same.

Also I wondered where is the best place to get 3d material (games/movies). Can you use any of the games off of STEAM?

Thanks again, TheQuan
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Yes, the iZ3D Drivers should work fine with your DLP if it's "3D Ready"

Any game that is DirectX 8 or 9 will work, so yes almost every game on steam should work, as well as hundreds of others.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”