Adjust Left/Right colors to match glasses

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Crazymoe
One Eyed Hopeful

Adjust Left/Right colors to match glasses

Post by Crazymoe »

I have recently started gaming in 3D and I am loving it. I bought some cheap glasses off Amazon to get started and have been enjoying those with minimal ghosting for most games in anaglyph mode.
I then bought some "better" anaglyph glasses that were supposed to be of higher lens quality and reduce ghosting. However, it is much worse than the cheap ones due to the differnt lens colorization.

I know there are registry settings for adjusting the left/right color for the Nvidia Discover Anaglyph mode. I am wondering if anyone has taken the time to test with different glasses and these registry tweaks to find the right balance. Or if you have found a good test page and can recommend some tweaks to reduce the ghosting.

These are the glasses I recently picked up, but at the moment can't use due to bad ghosting from Mission3-D.com: http://64.237.105.23/products/detail.ph ... 7139f11d87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I am really waiting for is a larger than 22 inch 120hz LCD to buy with the Nvidia shutter technology or IZ3D setup.
Anyone using a 35-40 inch 120hz LCD for gaming that could recommend a good one with high resolution (1920+)?
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Adjust Left/Right colors to match glasses

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Are you in the US/Japan part of the world? If so you can get a DLP TV that will meet your needs for 3D, they start from around 50". As for those 3D glasses, they look way too light to be decent.

Likay can advise more on the Red/Cyan glasses, but I honestly wouldn't recommend Red/Cyan to anyone. Full color Stereo 3D is good but I see little point in Red/Cyan as it simply can not compare to the proper experience from modern Stereo 3D displays.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Adjust Left/Right colors to match glasses

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, some of the more expensive anaglyph glasses have even more ghosting then the cheapo ones somehow. Not sure how to get around that. The best glasses I've used are the ProView (ProX) anaglyph glasses, but even those have a bit of ghosting. Even so called "advanced" stereo solutions still have ghosting, except for HMDs which have no ghosting but their own set of issues. So there is always some compromise.

If you are feeling saucy and want to customize the anagyph settings on the nvidia driver, then that is a possibility. You can go here to download some registry patches (but they probably won't work out of box): http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-pla ... n-real-3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Most likely you will have to edit the color values yourself. The easiest way of doing this is to open photoshop (or GIMP or whatever) and put your glasses on. Then try the closest values for red or cyan until you can look through the glasses and it will look white or basically invisible. That will be the color for the lens. Then grab that hex code and place it in the registry (with the prefix 'ff'). You are looking for this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]
"LeftAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffff0000
"RightAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ff0000ff

There is also some issue with permissions so you have to do this as well:
The problem is that the newer drivers for some reason always fall back to the default setting when you fire up the test application (or any other stereo app).
To prevent this, we just need to alter some permissions in the registry:
If you go the branch containing the settings (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D) then right click, navigate to "permissions"/"advanced" select "System" then "edit" and choose "deny" to "set value" - hit OK and you're good to go and aplly all of the other color schemes mentioned above.
Keep in mind I have not tried this, so make sure you make a backup of your registry settings before attempting this.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”