H3D Cruiser / Activator Question

LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

H3D Cruiser / Activator Question

Post by LCountach »

Ok my question is does anyone know about the "H3D Cruiser" hardware. Specifically is there an Activator software capable of activating its various modes? PageFlipping, OverUnder ext. I know the old Nvidia drivers were able to activate PageFlipping but I want to try these glasses with the iZ3D driver which can NOT activate them. I have tried "E-D Activator" and "H3D Activator 1.4" but the Cruiser doesn't respond to either of them. I don't think it was intended to. Does someone know of an Activator that does work with the Cruiser?

I have noticed the iZ3D drivers have two specific modes listed in their drivers. "Blue line coded" & "Marked" Does anyone know what hardware these modes are actually for? They sure as heck don't work with either the eDimensionals or H3D Cruisers I have. PageFlipping is SOOO much better than Interlaced. I wish I could find a mode that worked. :(

Has anyone had success with getting their glasses to sync with the iZ3D PageFlipping drivers? See my view of the iZ3D situation is this. They have two modes that work with our old glasses. PageFlipping & Interlaced. They insist on separating these two modes at $50 each. AAHHHHH!!! No other 3D Driver I ever saw did this! If I get the better looking PageFlipping mode it may never work and I basically waste $50. If I get the Interlaced mode, it works great but its SO UGLY in comparison. Additionally if iZ3D fixes PageFlipping I will have wasted $50 on Interlaced. Quite a dilemma no? I love their driver for its compatibility, performance, New Lasersight and it's NOT Nvidia. Has anyone actually purchased a License from them? Do you feel it was a wise investment and why? Please don't say "Buy Nvidia's new glasses". That's a $400 Downgrade for a new OS+Glasses. No way I am getting Vista and Win7 is not out yet. I like my XP :) but the iZ3D trial is running out! :(

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to my hardware. I believe the Universal was sold under many brand names including eDimensional.
http://www.stereo3d.com/terminator.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: H3D Cruiser / Activator Question

Post by iondrive »

Hi L,

see this topic for info on older activators:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like you need H3D Controller 1.0 but it also looks like it only does interlaced mode although from the web page you referenced, it might work with nvidia's ddc driver. Does it? I guess you need an older XP computer with a pre-8800 video card. If you can, try driver combo 162.50. Hmmm, if that works then I think you need an activator that works over the DDC pin of the VGA output. Normally these Activators work from a colored line on the top of the screen (different from white/blue line-coding). I don't know of any Activator that does this but maybe someone else does.

I know how you feel about iZ3D's policies. I would like all modes but that's way out of budget. I think their best mode is dual monitor mode. It would be nice for you if you could have a setup like that for yourself. I have an idea for flawless shutterglass mode but it might not work. It's at:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's all I have for you. 6 months is a long time to wait for a reply eh?
Tell me if you want to try that activator.
bye.
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”