**Increasing Convergence AmAzing Depth! Out of Focus Weapon*

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
fastz28camaro1981
One Eyed Hopeful

**Increasing Convergence AmAzing Depth! Out of Focus Weapon*

Post by fastz28camaro1981 »

I have a question... when I am playing World at War, (or any other game for that matter) with just regular blue & red glasses (Haven't got the kit yet) When I Increase the Convergence, the game looks amazing! like it's wicked depth, BUT, my weapon is COMPLETELY out of focus, and decreasing this makes it so my weapon is in focus, but it doesn't look that great in the Depth department, and Increasing the Depth sort of works, but I don't get the amazing depth I get when I increase convergence, but then you have that drawback of the Weapons TOTALLY out of Focus.

is it different when you are actually using the 120 hz monitor and 3D Vision glasses? can you increase the convergence a lot? or would you still have the same problem? is there any way around this?

I suggest people try it out to see what I mean, your weapon will be out of focus, but you will see what I mean in regards to the depth!

Thanks for any help! :)
dreamingawake
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: **Increasing Convergence AmAzing Depth! Out of Focus Weapon*

Post by dreamingawake »

It's not like that at all on the 120hz LCD.

At least on the Samsung which I own the image quality especially on WoW is near flawless.

There is hardly any ghosting, even at high levels of separation.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: **Increasing Convergence AmAzing Depth! Out of Focus Weapon*

Post by cybereality »

Different games are all different. Some games work perfectly, other games have annoying issues. With FPS games in particular there are a lot of problems with the weapons being too close to the camera. It is not so much of a glitch, but in some cases it is a physically accurate rendering, but also at the same time undesirable. For example, hold your finger up about 2" in front of your face. Then try to focus on the distant background. You will see a double image of your finger. This is naturally correct. Its the same deal when playing a FPS and looking at the gun. You are not going to be able to focus on the background perfectly while also focusing on the gun. If you have ever shot a real weapon, you would know why people always close one eye when shooting. This is no accident.

In practice this means you have to find a decent compromise between the convergence of the background and foreground elements. Both cannot be perfectly aligned unless a game had native stereo support and the original developers were able to tweak it to perfection. All stereo drivers have this problem to some extent or another. Usually you will be able to find a nice middle-ground and get acceptable results.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”