Stereo Movie Maker

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Stereo Movie Maker

Post by stingray »

Anyone know how to convert save and play a movie in stereo movie maker? my movie saves but does not play. here are the steps i am using.
1) Open stereo movie ( Anaglph keep color)
2) Save stereo movie ( Interlaced).
3)Choose a codec
I have tried all codecs, downloaded some codec packs...my movie saves as an avi, but it does not open and does not play with any player. all it does is keep giving me errors.
Also i am trying to convert anaglyph's such as shrek 3d into field sequential.so is this the right format( interlaced) ?
any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Stereo Movie Maker

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome! :D

Stereomoviemaker is used to make stereomovies. It doesn't convert anaglyph movie to another format (at least not yet). There is DVD-to stereo by i think the same author. Maybe you want to give that a try.

Edit! Stereomoviemaker has more sides. See below. :oops:

G'luck!
Last edited by Likay on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I have Stereoscopic Player 1.4.2 and StereoMovie Maker 0.9.5 and it works here but color is lost.

Here's some info just in case You need it:
In Stereoscopic Player:
File -> Settings -> Decoder ->
video decoder: ffdshow Video Decoder
audio decoder: AC3Filter

In StereoMovie Maker:
Open Stereo Movie -> Anaglyph(Keep color)
Save Stereo Movie -> Side-by-Side (<- better than interlaced!)

Here's the result (analyph to interlaced):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSLQNJUZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Codecs:
klcode325b.exe
MpegDecoder012.msi
ffdshow_rev2787_20090317_clsid.exe
MatroskaSplitter.exe
realalt190.exe
stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stingray »

thanks a lot guys!i really appreciate it
stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stingray »

where do i get the codecs from? also how do i use the .msi codec where should i put it?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I uploaded some of them here: http://www.3d.wep.dk/3dgallery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (bottom of page)
but I don't know much about codecs - I just install some to get videos to play really :wink:
I don't know where to put the .msi file.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I use to take the "lazy" route with codecs.
Find and install the K-lite codec pack. They regularly update the codecs in it so you should always be "updated".
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

It can be done:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpj1QyEQi-E[/youtube]
stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stingray »

It keeps telling me that a codec is missing and that it can not render the file?
gamgamman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gamgamman »

I believe how the guys who make field sequential from anaglyph do it, is to open the anaglyph video in StereoMovieMaker with the keep color setting and then save the view they need. Then they restore the color from the 2-D version, I believe they do this using 3DCombine but it might also be possible with StereoMovieMaker. So basically what you are seeing is the 2-D version in one eye and the opposite view which was extracted from the anaglyph (with color restoration from the 2D print) in the other. If I am wrong please correct me.
Hope this helps! :shutter
Ryan
stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stingray »

I decided it was best to show you guys what i was doing and what was happening so that if i am doing something wrong someone could let me know.
Thanks!
My process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQnDJKnMq4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aFZ6L9k1AY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gamgamman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gamgamman »

I would say make sure you have the newest version of StereoMovieMaker (older versions may not support Windows Vista) I would also suggest making sure the account your running the program on doesn't have limited permissions (make sure the program isn't running on a sub account that does not have administrative privilege) You might also make sure the XVID encoder isn't running with limited permissions. If you can't get it to work you might try asking in the 3DTV forum @ yahoo, chances are someone there has been through something similar and might know how to help you http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/3dtv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryan
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I don't have Shrek 3D, but I can take other anaglyph 3D videos and save them as interlaced using the video compression: Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2 which I allways use.
Side-by-side is better than interlaced.
I don't have the Xvid video compression option but a lot of others.
stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stingray »

alright so i just downloaded that codec and i was wondering if u change anything in the configuire menu? also what do you use to play the completed file?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Yes, I up the quality (2 sliders) in configuration, save it as side-by-side and use Stereoscopic Player for viewing the 3D video.
gamgamman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gamgamman »

Make sure the input file is less than 2 Gig's, I think StereoMovieMaker has a 2 Gig limit for the input file. When I was looking at your Youtube video again I did notice your input video looked 16:9 with the black cropped off, you might try using the resize function in SMM and putting a black border around the video so the picture size will be a multiple of 16, 720x480 is the resolution for NTSC dvd's. You can also try to convert a small section of your video "uncompressed" (warning the files for uncompressed video are huge) to check to see if SMM is working properly on your system.
Ryan

Return to “Do it Yourself!”