DLP 3D with Stereo Movie Player / Maker

bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

DLP 3D with Stereo Movie Player / Maker

Post by bastian74 »

Stero Picture Maker has a interlaced option for 3D DLP, however the movie player does not.
Is there any way to get SMP to work with a DLP 3D / Glasses solution?

I did get a similar product, Stereoscopic Player to work, but it has less adjustments for screen depth etc.
peterwimmer3dtv
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: DLP 3D with Stereo Movie Player / Maker

Post by peterwimmer3dtv »

Click File->Parallax in Stereoscopic Player to adjust the depth (horizontal parallax).
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Or (shift) + arrowkeys to adjust both horisontal parallax (experienced as convergence change) and vertical parallax (only if picture heights doesn't match).
(Ctrl)+"R" resets both values.

@peterwimmer3dtv: You made an excellent stereoplayer! I'm regged and really enjoy it! Thanks!
bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bastian74 »

So is there no free way to view a stereo movie on DLP? $80 is a little steep for how likely I am to use the product more than once or twice.
I assume the player that comes with the samsung glasses only handles one kind of format?
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

bastian74 wrote:So is there no free way to view a stereo movie on DLP? $80 is a little steep for how likely I am to use the product more than once or twice.
I assume the player that comes with the samsung glasses only handles one kind of format?
Look on DDD website and Tridef website. They support multiple formats.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Stereoscopic Player is free for short videos (5-6min). I bought it to view longer though.
bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bastian74 »

You were correct, they do support multple formats. There is no way to manually specify them in the GUI though. Talk about lazy. There isn't even a file open menu, you have to know the keyboard shortcuts to open a avi / dvd.

In order to play the proper format 3d video the files have to follow a file naming convention:
http://www.tridef.com/media/player/guid ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Eric
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Yeah, Peter Wimmers Stereoscopic Player is much more user friendly and it attempts to automatically detect the input format and allows the user to select the correct setting in a standard windows interface.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
annikaya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by annikaya »

How do I stop Windows Movie Maker from opening every time I connect my camera to the computer? I often use my video camera as a webcam and so the editing capabilities of Windows Movie Maker are unnecessary. Yet I find it impossible to keep the program from opening every time my powered-on camera is connected to my computer. Is there ANY way it can be stopped?

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”