Oblivion pink water fix

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Isei
One Eyed Hopeful

Oblivion pink water fix

Post by Isei »

If you want to run Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion in stereo you need to set
sbDoImageSpaceEffects=0 in the Oblivion.ini file.

This will result in pink water that looks weird.

I found small fix for this, download this texture
http://games.build-a.com/oblivion/watertexture.zip

Extract this to your /Oblivion/Data folder, and make sure it looks like this:
/Oblivion/Data/Textures/water/water00.dds

Water will now be blue and have a texture on it.

Screenshot:

enjoy~
Last edited by Isei on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Yes that does work. Thank you! I'm not going to miss that neon pink, no way, not at all. :)
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Thx look nice :D

There is a thread where You might want to post it also or a link to this thread:
http://forums.stereovision.net/viewtopi ... &start=165
Isei
One Eyed Hopeful

error

Post by Isei »

I can't login with my account on stereovision.net forum. Can someone else post the fix there?

Thanks~
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: error

Post by DDuckMan »

Isei wrote:I can't login with my account on stereovision.net forum. Can someone else post the fix there?

Thanks~
I can't log in there anymore either. I think there is a problem with that site and IE7.
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
Goggles - ELSA Revelator circa 1999
nVidia 3D Vision circa 2009
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Check out MY Oblivion shots in the sticky...see what you think.

Neil
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Yeah the separation is pretty bad, stereo is visible only for the nearest objects.
But still it's nice to know that nvidia is not the only one out there.
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

Hmm just tried Oblivion and it looks super.. but the HUD rendered at quite a z-depth.

How is this for you guys?

Any HUD issues?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Does anyone out there have a savegame I can use to test Oblivion Shivering Isles with?

You have to finish Oblivion to get them to work, and I only have 150 hours of gameplay on record. :wink:

Thanks in advance,
Neil
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Yes, there is a problem with the HUD, it is something displaced... enough to disable stereo3d if you need to read something. I supposed that Alt+F9&f10 was thought to solve this thing, but I never saw a utility using these keys (happend nothing). In Doom3 the last stereo driver correct the HUD position, and you can see it perfectly with any separation and convergence. Nvidia must think in a solution for HUDs (most games have problems). I loose all Hud information in FEAR because I ussually play with a high separation and convergence to have a great 3d inmersion (HUD goes totally out of the screen).
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Freke1 wrote:Thx look nice :D

There is a thread where You might want to post it also or a link to this thread:
http://forums.stereovision.net/viewtopi ... &start=165
Freke, that link does not work for me, do you have a cache of the information presented there?

I have quadro fx 3500, emagin z800 on dual core Xeon. 169 level Nvidia drivers. On an older set of drivers I was using the IO glasses 3d option, the newer drivers no longer have this tab in the nvidia control panel, so I am not sure what 3d solution is enabled. Do you know how I can check?

I am still in the beginner dungeon in Oblivion but have a serious issue. When I push ctrl f3/f4 or ctrl f5/f6 to alter the stereo and convergance settings, the picture shifts - it is shifting on the OLED panel and causes these gray vertical bars on the outside of the panels. Thereby I am losing screen real estate and it is compromising the 3d effect. I am taking a guess that I need to set the stereo3d option to say there are 2 side by side display panels instead of one screen with shutter glasses (like the I/O glasses option does)

Imagine you have a dual monitor setup, and you drag a window from one monitor to the other monitor, say from the left to right monitor, and move the window only half way, the left half of your left monitor will be empty and the right half of your right monitor will be empty, this is what is happening on the z800 in oblivion when pushing the ctrl keys. If I turn the stereo seperation to 0 or convergance to 0, the oled panels are filled up again, but when I start shifting, the image slides and gray vertical bars start growing and this does not seem right to me. If this is not a problem you have encountered and are confused about what I am trying to communicate, I will see if I can post a picture of the problem. Thanks. I seached z800 and oblivion and did not find anyone else talking about this issue, certainly I can't be the first?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

No sry. I think the forum has been removed.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Neil wrote:Here are some screenshots of Oblivion with the new iZ3D drivers.

http://mtbs3d.com/users/neil/Oblivion00000.jps
Regards,
Neil
Neil I couldn't get these links to work. However I have installed oblivion with the latest official patch and 162.5 stereo drivers and the water is fine, with reflections and ripples going - is not PINK for me. So I am assuming you no longer need to add this water texutre - so did the newer drivers fix this issue? Are the IZ3D drivers for oblivion superior than the 162.5 nvidia drivers in your opinion? If so in what ways

On another note, I have seen in the Gallery some Oblivion pics and thier status icons (health, fatigue, etcetc) look much smaller - I am assuming they have modded their oblivion game in some way to minimize the status icons that take up a lot of screen real estate - is this the case.

Are you using this file - the immersive interface mod for oblivion?
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... ail&id=717

Also Neil I have read adding Qarls texture pack IMMENSELY improves the graphics in the game, have you or anyone else here added this texture pack and seen an HUGE improvement in either stereo3d or 2d? Thanks. Also I do not have a fileplanet account, are you able to add this Oblivion mod to your download section?

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=2363

The purpose of this package is to make TES IV: Oblivion look even better than when you bought it.

To do this I've created new textures, normal maps, specular and parallax maps to replace a large number of those in the game with ones which are higher resolution and more photo realistic, while at the same time still very close to the original feel of Bethesda's intentions.

Replacement meshes are also included to use parallax mapping. However, due to the increased resolution, machines with lower-end graphics cards may see severe slow-down with this mod.

Here is a modification of Qarls original texture pack that gives most of the visual improvements to Oblivion, but can run on more modest hardware - can you Neil or anyone here who has run both give me their opinion on how this modified Qarls texture pack compares to the original Qarls texture pack. Thanks.

http://www.fileplanet.com/184103/180000 ... mized-v1.0

This special overhaul of Qarl's fantastic Oblivion texture pack optomizes it so that it will run well on even modest hardware. View the readme for more details.

Also while on the subject of improving oblivion, this modification also comes highly rated for Oblivion at Night:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... ail&id=753

Any other modifications forum members here can recommend for oblivion? Thank you.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Did you change Bdo_imagespace_processing from 1 to 0 in oblivion.ini?
If not, it is possible that you dont have real depth because if you seperate the view near an far objects will get seperated the same.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

VadersApp wrote:Did you change Bdo_imagespace_processing from 1 to 0 in oblivion.ini?
If not, it is possible that you dont have real depth because if you seperate the view near an far objects will get seperated the same.
No I have not done that. What was the original source for this piece of information? I have done a google search for bd0-imagespace-processing and there are a few places where oblivion game players are talking about this setting, but for the most part I think they are saying it messes up HDR. Who was the authority that said oblivion on 169 level drivers and 162.50 stereo drivers needs this change in the INI to get deep stereo? Have you tested this option on and off with the mentioned drivers and noticed a difference? I will be happy to test, but what specifically will I need to look for to know wether it is making a difference or not?

On my z800 with the above level drivers - pushing crtlf3/f4 I can alter seperation, 50% or so is nice and seems to give me deep stereo, but how do I really know - what should I be looking for? The popout effect with ctrlf5/f6 seems to only effect the statistics icons in the lower left, IE - the HUD/stats icons are not focused with 50% seperation on the z800 unless I play with convergence, but nothing else will POPOUT except for the hud, am I completely misunderstanding what you are trying to communicate?

I enabled this registry tweek and have confirmed it works and allows me to properly adjust seperation and convergence:

Start the Windows Registry editor at c:\windows\regedit.exe
- Choose: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> NVidia Corp --> Global --> Stereo3D
- Select edit -> new -> DWORD
- Create new entry: StereoOSDEnable
- Set DWORD to 1

I have found an oblivion mod to completely remove the stats icons from the screen

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... tail&id=13

This utility will let you disable the interface (hud)

On my emagin z800, I can take stereo seperation to 100% and the effect is nice, but as soon as I start messing with convergence, my screen gets clipped and I start losing screen real estate, and again the only benefit I see it having is making the hud popout. I need you to elaborate in more detail what this bd0 oblivion.ini setting should or should not do.

I also have enabled cycle frustum, Neil had commented previously it really didn't make a difference, on this set of drivers cycling the frustrum (ctrl F11) does indeed do something, in Nttest it seems to expand/contract the back most wall (the one with nvidia written all over it) and the small spinning nvidia logo on the lower left hand side, in Oblivion, cycling the frustum expands or contracts the hud/stats icons, the effect is small, but noticeable, I am not sure what this is supposed to do, as neil said perhaps something relating to a games interface.

In non stereo mode I am getting around 60fps average using the ~ tdt command in oblivion, with stereo on I get around 30-35 - is this what you get?
Neil

Post by Neil »

The last time I played Oblivion with the NVIDIA drivers, I had to do that Oblivion tweak. Once you do it, the cross-hair will be accurate, you will be able to increase convergence without dramatically undermining your interface, and the whole experience will be much much better.

However, you will get flat pink water without another mod which I haven't tried yet.

Regards,
Neil
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Neil wrote:The last time I played Oblivion with the NVIDIA drivers, I had to do that Oblivion tweak. Once you do it, the cross-hair will be accurate, you will be able to increase convergence without dramatically undermining your interface, and the whole experience will be much much better.

However, you will get flat pink water without another mod which I haven't tried yet.

Regards,
Neil
Neil I am concerned that either I am very confused or things have changed regarding these settings. Respectfully I do wish to delve deeper into this topic to understand what is going on. I have read about this "pink water problem" on several boards. Also that the bdoimage = 0 setting turns off postprocessing. Now perhaps in the older Nvidia forceware and stereo drivers it was necessary to do these things to have a playable game. The last time you played Oblivion, what version of forceware and what version of nvidia stereo drivers were installed and what video card were you using? I am on 169 level forceware and 162.5 level stereo on a quadro 3500 and I have no pink water effect that people keep talking about - so I get very confused. Perhaps this pink water effect only showed up in older drivers, or perhaps it only shows up in geforce series cards and not Quadro series cards (firmware is different and rendering is of higher visual quality on Quadro at the sacrifice of speed on Geforce). As to the bd0image = 0, if I am not mistaken, if I enable that setting in my oblivion INI I will lose post processing - no HDR or Bloom, but I have bloom turned on and 4x AA. Again that particular setting may have been necessary on older nvidia drivers or on geforce hardware and does not apply to the newer drivers or Quadro hardware. Perhaps you or someone else can test. Also I am assuming you are Chopper on another board, I have read a post about triple buffering, I will download riva tuner and test this function out later in the week. I am getting 60fps in non stereo, 30-35 in stereo3d in oblivion, what about you? Thanks.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

The Bdoimage... = 0 thing was nescessary to turn off postprocessing. If it is turned off, water reflections are gone and the water is pink.
If postprocessing is active you don´t get real depth. I did some tests with Oblivion when i made my 8800GTX manual. With a 8800GTX and 173.xx drivers and 162.50 stereo drivers it is nescessary to use BdoImage...=0 to get real depth!

With the vr920 drivers it is not nescessary, because it seems that it can handle post-processing in games.

To check out if you realy got real depth, try to change sepeartion and convergence of your view ingame. If far (mountains) and near objects (weapon) seperate the same amount you dont get real depth. Otherwise you must have done something different to get it working.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

VadersApp wrote:The Bdoimage... = 0 thing was nescessary to turn off postprocessing. If it is turned off, water reflections are gone and the water is pink.
If postprocessing is active you don´t get real depth. I did some tests with Oblivion when i made my 8800GTX manual. With a 8800GTX and 173.xx drivers and 162.50 stereo drivers it is nescessary to use BdoImage...=0 to get real depth!
Yes thank you very much for elaborating more on this issue. I was able to test it and you are correct, the seperation levels for near and far object are the same in Oblivion, but not in the ntest app, that worked properly. I installed riva tuner and it's DX override program to get triple buffering going and now my direct3d textures are all corrupted now and prayers to Shiva aren't fixing it :(

With the vr920 drivers it is not nescessary, because it seems that it can handle post-processing in games.
Perhaps I should have bought one of the VR920's, it doesn't seem Emagin has done any driver work to make gameplaying better. A superior piece of hardware with no driver/software support is garbage. You would think with the millions of programmers at places like sourceforge.net - someone would be coding open source drivers for all this good VR hardware. I think I read Neil talking about IZ3d coming out with new stereo drivers for HMD's, perhaps these will work better for your hardware and my hardware.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Oblivion pink water fix

Post by johnoliver »

If you want to run Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion in stereo you need to set
sbDoImageSpaceEffects=0 in the Oblivion.ini file.

This will result in pink water that looks weird.

I found small fix for this, download this texture
http://games.build-a.com/oblivion/watertexture.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Extract this to your /Oblivion/Data folder, and make sure it looks like this:
/Oblivion/Data/Textures/water/water00.dds

Water will now be blue and have a texture on it.
Do I still need to do these steps if I am running the game with Nvidia's 3D Vision kit??~ :roll:
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

good question, just try ist ;)
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

I crash almost constantly if water is near. Did anybody ever find a fix to this? I remember reading that the crash problem was common back on stereovision.net but I can’t find any info on the crashing now.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I can't get this game working well with iz3D. Any iz3D users got any suggestions?
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

If the newest driver won't work well, then try an older one. The newest seems to have a different architecture which fixes some issues with many games but unfortunately also makes some older games run badly. I hope they figure it out. I haven't played oblivion myself so i cannot say how well it has been working before. I think it's fine with some driver since neil some time ago showcased iz3d drivers and compared them with the nvidia infamous pink water. :mrgreen:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:I can't get this game working well with iz3D. Any iz3D users got any suggestions?
Can you elaborate by what you mean "working well?" Neil has some s3d instructional videos using oblivion to maybe help you.

1.09 drivers worked great for me. But then all the newer drivers I couldn't get that wizard screen to go away until the most recent driver, RC1. Looks great on an iz3d. Make sure you check out some of those mods I posted earlier in the thread, the HUD fix, shrinking or removing the status icons, and the texture pack fix, WOW, really improves the game if your hardware can stand it. Is like a whole new game! Also I forget the name now, but there is a big mod to alter all the monsters. The way it works originally, as you level up, they level up too. But I didn't like it that way, I wanted the monsters at a set difficulty level wether I met them as a level 1 character or a level 25 character. Makes the game more fun for me. Oscuro's Oblivion mod or something like that. I think they made the game work on XBOX and left a lot of the XBOX defaults on the PC version, so this is a game you have to definitely go in and modify to get the pest PC experience.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I can either have good seperation that messes up when I talk to people or I can have barely any seperation so I can still play the game well.

Its hard for me to describe, I'll try and grab some screenshots (Not sure if that works as I'm in Interlaced mode?)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:I can either have good seperation that messes up when I talk to people or I can have barely any seperation so I can still play the game well.

Its hard for me to describe, I'll try and grab some screenshots (Not sure if that works as I'm in Interlaced mode?)
I know what you mean, when you talk to people the game zooms in on thier face. Doesn't the autofocus feature in the iz3d drivers fix this for you? I play on an iz3d monitor, what are you on?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”