Shutter Glasses (wired), XP 32 bit, and a GeForce 9800GTX

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Heckler86
One Eyed Hopeful

Shutter Glasses (wired), XP 32 bit, and a GeForce 9800GTX

Post by Heckler86 »

This is infuriating to no end.

NVidia finally comes up with their own S-3D solution and tells anyone who wont go to Vista to stick it where the sun dont shine. I think Im done with NVidia if I cant get any solutions to work, and try my luck with ATI.

/rant

Ok, now that thats done, heres the dilema.

Dual Core E8400
EDimensional Shutter Glasses (wired)
GeForce 9800GTX
XP 32 bit
Nice old CRT 19" monitor

Should be more than enough info for ya. Drivers are up in the air and flying really fast towards a brick wall if none of them cooperate. Various combinations of drivers, forceware drivers, stereo drivers, etc.

Im looking for ANY driver that works with the 9800 series and lets the retarded Shutter Glasses work. What I've found so far is that Im probably out of luck as every driver I can find either does not enable the shutter glasses or just gives me a purdy BSOD. Referring to the list of drivers here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2489" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This list seems to be pretty right on. Shutter glasses wont enable, and any place I can get them to enable, I get to look at Blue Screen of Death in Stereo! Woot! Um, oh wait, not what Im lookin for. I've also tried the IZ3D drivers, but the problem there is, even in various combinations of video drivers, and stereo drivers, the IZ3D drivers are NEVER able to turn on the Shutter glasses for me. I've also tried the EDimensional tool for just enabling the stupid shutter glasses, but they dont kick on at all. Also reading my best bet would be to be able to run the 169.21 or 169.44 drivers, however, they dont support the 9800. Theres no way that I know of to get a vista driver to run on XP. Different driver module so theres no point in trying. I've even enabled the old NVidia control panel using the following registry entries:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
"CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000003
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000000
Registry trick does work and DOES enable the old control panel with stereo section in it (when stereo drivers installed, trying 162.50 stereo drivers atm... with 178.24 vid drivers) but trying to test anything all I get is stupid BSOD. This seems to follow suit with the list of drivers and SLI modes, but anything available to me will just give me a BSOD or no shutter glasses, as per the list on the page I linked to. I also know the stupid glasses work because I ran over them with a car until they finally started working. Just kidding, tested on another very old system thats on its last leg and has a nearly dead hard drive. Suspect its most likely something with the driver, or much less likely DVI output.

Has any one had any luck with any combination of drivers or forceware drivers to get the Shutter Glasses working on a GeForce 9800 GTX running XP 32 bit? And no Im not going to Vista if my life depended on it. Vista can kiss my left ass check and it better not even try to make the right ass cheek jealous. Also, Im NOT trying to run this in SLI mode, anything that can get the damn glasses to even turn on would be a freakin miracle at this point.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Shutter Glasses (wired), XP 32 bit, and a GeForce 9800GTX

Post by cybereality »

Sorry but I think you are SOL with that setup. You would need to get a NV series 7 card to get the driver working on XP.
Heckler86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Heckler86 »

I guess the IZ3D drivers are my only hope then. I read somewhere that NVidia released part of their source code that relates to shutter glasses to IZ3D under an NDC, and progress has been made on shuter glasses in their drivers, even if they dont work for me.

So, what other alternatives that wont cost me whats left of the National Budget to get decent S3D working on this rig? What do you gurus suggest I look at upgrading? Cant really downgrade the video card, PCI-Express and the only 8800's I can find are all AGP...
momcilosystem
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by momcilosystem »

Google brought me here... I just have one question: Does your shutter glasses work in Vista? Because, from my point of view, it's small price to pay to transfer to Vista and go 3D in games...

I am considering purchase of 3D shutter glasses from ELSA, and I don't know will they be recognized by NVIDIA 3D Stereo Driver for Vista (or seven, whichever)

Tnx in advance
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

momcilosystem wrote:I am considering purchase of 3D shutter glasses from ELSA
Simply put, DONT!
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

See if you can trade your 9800gtx for a 8800gtx. There is a hack to get the 8800gtx working on xp.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”