Testing 3D with CS 1.6 first thread

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
juGGaKNot
One Eyed Hopeful

Testing 3D with CS 1.6 first thread

Post by juGGaKNot »

Hi

This first thread is intended to see if i can get 3D, good or bad, from cs 1.6 without any drivers and other stuff so here we go :

Settings :

mirv_movie_stereomode 1 ( All streams will be dumped twice, so you get an left and a right image for each frame )
mirv_movie_stereo_yawdegrees 0.02 ( The value specifies how much the camera will be turned to the right for the left stream and how much to the left for the right stream )
mirv_movie_stereo_centerdist 1.3 ( This is the distances (in inches) by which the cam will be moved to the right for the right stream and to the left for the left stream )

Resolution : 1280x1080, final render 2560x1080
FPS : 200 FPS capture, 25 FPS render so 8 frames blend to make a final frame in vegas.

X264 render using latest x264 r1163M ( m stands for a non standard patch, in this case autoVAQ ) psy-rd/trellis/autoVAQ OFF ( they bring better sharpness but also need 0.5 MB more each for same quality on my source, cs 1.6 )

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e0omwtqwxnn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Question : is it 3D or have i failed ?

If it is 3D is it any good ( i will test variations on

mirv_movie_stereo_yawdegrees 0.02 ( The value specifies how much the camera will be turned to the right for the left stream and how much to the left for the right stream )
mirv_movie_stereo_centerdist 1.3 ( This is the distances (in inches) by which the cam will be moved to the right for the right stream and to the left for the left stream )

later.

Cheers.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Testing 3D with CS 1.6 first thread

Post by Tril »

It's 3D. I tried it on a iZ3D monitor.

The kills are only shown in one eye. It would be better if they were shown in both eyes.

It's usually recommended to keep the cameras parallel instead of rotating them inward. Others can give you more info about that.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

juGGaKNot
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Testing 3D with CS 1.6 first thread

Post by juGGaKNot »

Tril wrote:It's 3D. I tried it on a iZ3D monitor.

The kills are only shown in one eye. It would be better if they were shown in both eyes.

It's usually recommended to keep the cameras parallel instead of rotating them inward. Others can give you more info about that.
hud_draw 0 and not more kills and crosshair, thats what i will use BUT i will add 3D hud to the "to do list"

mirv_movie_stereo_yawdegrees 0 for paralel camera, checked

now i have to do some samples where i play with mirv_movie_stereo_centerdist to see what is best, i will make a new thread when i have the samples

THNX, cheers.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”