Stronghold 2

Denaris
Two Eyed Hopeful

Stronghold 2

Post by Denaris »

The Stronghold series by Firefly studios does not appear to have an official forum, but I sometimes drop into a popular game site: Heavengames. They have a forum there that includes technical support.

Here is the link to my thread about mtbs3d certification:
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-b ... 6,3226,,10
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I started a new thread.

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-b ... 6,3227,,10

These forum moderators should treat posters more like customers, if you ask me. I hope they get that.

Regards,
Neil
Denaris
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Denaris »

Thanks Neil for the new post.

I don't blame them for banning my account. Heavengames I think is dedicated to gamers and not run by the game developers (I think...). I own and played both "Stronghold" and "Stronghold 2" games quite a lot, and I don't think the studio would have treated me that way. It's the content of my message that set them off. Although I don't think there was that much wrong with it, they did not like it.
Last edited by Denaris on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Denaris
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Denaris »

Oh, hehe, one more thing about advertisements. Even getting banned is not so bad in a sense. It creates a controversy, and as much as I dislike that kind of thing, for some reason in every online conversation I've ever participated in, if the crowd is big enough people love to engage in controversies. So in a roundabout way, it's still drumming up awareness in mtbs3d!
Neil

Post by Neil »

No harm came of it.

I really don't want to come across as an advertisement for a website. It's about promoting an S-3D standard. Like THX or Dolby Surround Sound.

Maybe even saying MTBS3D without giving a URL. When they ask to learn more, THEN we can give a URL.

That might work better.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

I was just reading the second thread on their site. The guy has a right to his opinion, of course. I wonder why he feels it necessary to prevent others from replying and expressing theirs?

It's a shame that he loves those IRS rules, thread locks, and ban buttons so much. He reminds me of Frank on M.A.S.H. If you ever saw the show, you'd know exactly what I mean.

If Denaris did indeed bring 1,000 new MTBS members - WOW! Great work, keep it up! :P

EDIT: WOW! He edited our posts. Now I'm flattered. He is sincerely scared that we have something so valuable, so irresistible, that he had to adjust our words to hide it. The world is round, my friend, the world is round...

Neil

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”