Far Cry

chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Far Cry

Post by chilledsanity »

EDIT: I was an idiot and misunderstood the forum usage. Feel free to move/delete this as you see fit.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but apparently this is the forum I'm supposed to do it in. I've been playing Far Cry in stereoscopic mode (via shutter glasses) for a day or two now and it works pretty well. Lots of good depth data, though some settings, especially water quality and special effects need to be turned down in order to acheive good stereoscopic effect. With my settings, the stereo is most noticeable when you're prone on the ground with grass in your face. Also a nice touch is that antialiasing works fine, so with TSAA especially, I'm able to get cleaner edges on all the jungle foliage, although ghosting still offsets the clarity (which isn't the game's fault).

What makes this game a big challenge is that since I have a 7950, the laser sight is totally unusuable for me, it either brings games to completely unplayable framerates or causes graphics corruption, so I've been going through the game with it off. Basically tracer bullets are a godsend here, allowing me to actually play the game. I am playing on easy mode however, since I consider no crosshair a significant handicap. I can't pull those M4 sniping shots to the same degree as I could in 2D on a high resolution, but the immersion makes up for it, along with lowering the difficulty.

So far I haven't finished the game (in stereoscopic), but I've just made it to the trigens, so I'm several levels in. One option I'd like to see would be the ability to turn off weapon drawing via a console command. If my weapon wasn't in my face the whole time, I could probably push the stereo depth a little harder, though it's still acceptable.
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

Maybe someone can move it yes

But, I am also on a 7950 GT and crosshair works perfect for me! Spot on. Actually this is more or less the only game that has the Nvidia crosshair so nice... Maybe we can try to sort out what is the issue?

I am playing on a Q6700, sometimes single core mode enabled in Nhancer. And using dragontools, although I am not sure if that makes a big difference.. The game plays really fluent I think (1280-720). I use dual output, the one with 1 image mirrored (the planar mirror way I guess)

The only problem with the nvidia crosshair I have in games, is that it is at the wrong depth.. can't figure out what is wrong..

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”